We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taking Gifts

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cheshire,
Level Contributor
82 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Taking Gifts

When we are away it is our Wedding Anniversary so will be taking a gift for my husband, is there any restrictions on things you can take in? I vaguely remember seeing boxes on the landing card you had to tick about the value of things you had with you, or am I getting that mixed up with somewhere else?

London, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taking Gifts

I managed to take a diamond engagement in without any trouble, so I'm sure you'll be fine. Without knowing the gift it's tough to say for sure though!

(happy anniversary!)

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
3,815 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taking Gifts

I've filled out the entry card three times in the last week (land, sea and air) and did not see any boxes for ticking. Again it depends on what your taking.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taking Gifts

i was wondering this too as i have a case full of xmas gifts to take with us as we are away over xmas

London, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Taking Gifts

diamond engagement RING I meant!

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
3,815 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taking Gifts

Just put it your hand luggage or wallet/purse.

Edited: 09 October 2013, 11:23
Cheshire,
Level Contributor
82 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taking Gifts

its a watch, I had thought of it in my hand luggage but if then at Security they decide to search through my bag and wonder what it is then he will see it?

Ashwox - aww how lovely that you got engaged over there, when was it?

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
3,815 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taking Gifts

Mmmmmmmm. I don't like to do it myself, but how about hiding it in you hold luggage? But to be honest I can't see a problem with it being in your hand luggage. We sailed through all checks with no problems. I had two camera's in the hand luggage and was not stopped.

Stop worrying and have a nice trip.

8. Re: Taking Gifts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh