We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sharm Holiday Resort Help!!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
204 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Sharm Holiday Resort Help!!

Hi

I'm a little worried and wondered if anyone can help or know what's going on. I have booked to stay at Sharm Holiday Resort on 31/10/2013 until 16/11/2013 I booked through Best Choice Holidays but I have not had my accommodation voucher through yet.

I have also booked to stay at Tropitel Naama Bay for two weeks but I received the accommodation voucher straight away. I have booked with them previously for Sharm Holiday Resort and got the voucher through with no problems but having looked at recent reviews for the hotel I have seen one where they were transferred to a different hotel as they had no record of their booking and also stated the hotel was having contractual problems with some companies.

I have emailed the hotel directly as well as the company I booked with but have not had a response yet, has anyone else heard anything should I be worried?? Any help would be appreciated!!

Thank you

Saira

Mentioned in this post
Tropitel Naama Bay
Tropitel Naama Bay
2,339 Reviews
Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
204 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sharm Holiday Resort Help!!

Just had a response from Sharn Holiday Resort, they have contractual issues with You Travel and stated they are aiming to get them resolved this coming week!!

They stated if they don't get them resolved then bookings will not be honoured but if you want you can book with them directly!!

If anyone is due to stay at Sharm Holiday Resort in the near future make sure you confirm your booking before you go!!

Saira

Aylesbury
Level Contributor
522 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sharm Holiday Resort Help!!

Hi Saira. I do hope you get your booking sorted, but for what it's worth (if you don't already know this) if you paid for your holiday by credit card you will, in the event that the company do not provide the holiday for which you paid, be covered by Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act, which means that you will be able to claim the cost back from your credit card company. Small comfort perhaps, but at least you would get your money back.

By the way, did your sisters get home on their own ok?

Simon

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
204 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sharm Holiday Resort Help!!

Hi Simon,

We go this coming Thursday!! My sisters will only be there for a week so still apprehensive about that but now have this hotel issue on top it's a nightmare!!

I paid by debit card but I'm really hoping the issue is resolved and I know one way or another before I depart on Thursday but I don't think it's likely :(

I'm staying at Tropitel Naama Bay for two weeks once we depart on Thursday then booked in to stay at Sharm Holiday Resort, the hotel have told me I can book directly with them if the issues are not resolved and as I'm a returning guest they will ensure its at the same rate I already paid but my concern is getting the refund for the original amount I paid in the first place and because I'm going to be out of the country it's going to be harder trying to sort that out!! I just really hope they sort out their issues in all honesty, it will make my holiday stress free!! :)

Saira

Mentioned in this post
Tropitel Naama Bay
Tropitel Naama Bay
2,339 Reviews
Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
Aylesbury
Level Contributor
522 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sharm Holiday Resort Help!!

Hi Saira. Apologies - I actually thought you'd already been with your sisters and come back and that this was another trip...

Hmm, paid by debit card. I'm sorry to say that it could be tricky to get a refund as debit cards are not covered by the Consumer Credit Act. However, I vaguely recall that there have been test cases regarding refunds from bank debit cards and will investigate further if necessary. Best thing to do is (obviously) keep hassling the company for the accommodation voucher you booked. Keep a copy of everything, and if you do need to book directly with the hotel in the end, keep a copy of all expenditure for evidence. It may (and I stress may) be that you'll have to take the company to the Small Claims Court to secure a refund and although I am not a lawyer I have studied contract law, so if you need any help in that department please just get in touch and I'll help as best I can.

Nobody needs hassle like this three days before your holiday and I sincerely hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction. Do let me know how you get on, please, and if you need any help just send me a PM.

Whatever happens, enjoy your holiday - the rest can wait 'til you get back!

Simon

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
541 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sharm Holiday Resort Help!!

Hi Saira, I saw a documentary on TV a few months back, I think it was Judith Chalmers doing it. She talked about a "little know" info on Debit card purchases. See if you can find out about this, try putting it into the computer to see what comes up.

Cheers Hannah

Aylesbury
Level Contributor
522 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sharm Holiday Resort Help!!

Hi Saira. Any news? In between making my Christmas Cake and going for a run I found this article from the Daily Telegraph: telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/borr…

It might help if you need it. Also, if you search Google for "debit card refunds" there are a number of articles about the subject on sites such as moneysavingexpert.com and bbc.co.uk/news/business. It does appear, though, that there may be a time limit on claiming a refund. Anyway, I hope this helps, although I'd prefer to hear that you've got your accommodation voucher and you don't need any of this!

Thanks for the tip, hannahrocks - it gave me something to go on.

Regards,

Simon

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
204 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sharm Holiday Resort Help!!

Hi simon,

Thank you for the information very much appreciated.

No news as of yet however I am now encountered with a new problem.. Please refer to my new post "Nightmare" .. I'm honestly so stressed out right now just don't know what do!! ;(

Thank you hannahrocks, much appreciated x

Saira

8. Re: Sharm Holiday Resort Help!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2014, 05:17