We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Isreal

Redcar, UK
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Trip to Isreal

Hoping to do excursion to Isreal is it better to book before we arrive in two weeks or wait till we get there

Thank you

Level Contributor
279 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Isreal

To be honest I wouldn't risk travelling to and from there.

Redcar, UK
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Isreal

Why do you think that

Level Contributor
279 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Isreal

You have to travel on the border of North Sinai which the government has deemed dangerous because of the troubles.

Redcar, UK
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to Isreal

Ah right. Ive heard they have started the trips again

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip to Isreal

Hi

I travel to Sharm on 2nd December and I'm doing the Israel trip using a local tour company in Sharm run by two ex-pats. I have been in touch with them and arranged it form the UK and found them to be very helpful. The information they sent me said that the trip was safe to run and did so with the approval of the tourist police. Good enough for me and I think they cross at Taba which is an area deemed safe by UK FCO.

Lisa

Redcar, UK
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip to Isreal

Ah right. Ive heard they have started the trips again

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
1,403 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip to Isreal

Please make sure that your travel insurance will cover you for this trip. If it's against FO advice, it probably won't.

Redcar, UK
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip to Isreal

Good enough for me. We spent two weeks travelling around isreal and Jordon two years ago. One of the best holidays ever with the exception of Cario Luxor and Nile Cruise. Our daughter is coming to Sharm with us and we would like her to have a brief glimpse of Isreal before our passports are renewed next year as having the Isreal stamp on passport has restricted our travel. Which company have you booked with please?

Redcar, UK
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip to Isreal

Good enough for me. We spent two weeks travelling around isreal and Jordon two years ago. One of the best holidays ever with the exception of Cario Luxor and Nile Cruise. Our daughter is coming to Sharm with us and we would like her to have a brief glimpse of Isreal before our passports are renewed next year as having the Isreal stamp on passport has restricted our travel. Which company have you booked with please?

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
3,876 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip to Isreal

We did the trip to Jerusalem via the Dead Sea while staying at Taba Heights two weeks ago. All very safe. Taba is in South Sinai where the FCO says it's OK to travel. We also went by taxi on our own to St Catherine's from Taba Heights as Thomson's no longer ran a trip there.

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh