We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baron Resort or Hilton Waterfalls?

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Harlow, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Baron Resort or Hilton Waterfalls?

Hi,

I'm trying to decide between these two hotels and was hoping someone who may have been to both can give me an idea of which one to choose!

Main thing is quality of food and drink, which one wins out on this?

Thanks!

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada, Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai
Level Contributor
3,646 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baron Resort or Hilton Waterfalls?

In my opinion Baron wins hands down for food, service and quality. You also get some branded alcohol included in the AI package and i'm not sure if you do at the Hilton.

Snorkelling is great off their jetty too!

Harlow, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baron Resort or Hilton Waterfalls?

Thank you, It is mainly the food and drink I was concerned about. How about hotel entertainment?

bolton lancs uk
Level Contributor
322 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baron Resort or Hilton Waterfalls?

Baron superb when we were there

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,409 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baron Resort or Hilton Waterfalls?

I've stayed at both the Baron Resort and the Hilton Waterfalls and I would definately recommend the Hilton Waterfalls over the Baron Resort.

I've stayed at all four Hilton hotels in Sharm and if you can't find what you want at the buffet one of the chefs will gladly cook something for you.

I had high expectations when I stayed at the Baron Resort as it gets such high ratings here on Trip Advisor, however I was very dissapointed. The snorkelling was great but I had problems in the room, noisy drunken guest next door and the breakfast had dried up cheese & meat slices from the night before, and this was at 7am not the end of breakfast!

I also found the customer service much better at the Hilton compared to the Baron. Plus IMHO the HIlton is in a better area for walking to local shops, restaurants etc.

My reviews of both hotels are on my profile.

Good luck in your choice!

MM.

ceredigion
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Baron Resort or Hilton Waterfalls?

Hilton, definitely, went there if Feb, will be returning to Sharm next Feb and will probably visit one of the other Hiltons

6. Re: Baron Resort or Hilton Waterfalls?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2014, 04:18
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh