We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rain in November?

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Rain in November?

I'm planning to travel to Sharm el Sheikh on 15 November with my wife and two children. Just to be on the safe side I've decided to check the weather forecast for the next 14 days and noticed that there will be a few rainy days and the temperature will drop significantly on 16 November to 24 degrees and rain.

Anyone who has travelled on the last 15 days of November and can comment on what weather to expect?

Redhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
4,021 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rain in November?

It's not unknown to rain in Sharm but it is quite unusual.In my experience it either rains a few large drops then stops and thats it or they have an absolute deluge that causes all sorts of problems as you can imagine.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rain in November?

Hi Mr Small,

Thanks for your reply.

This is the weather forecast that I'm looking into:

holiday-weather.com/sharm_el_sheikh/…

Not sure how reliable it is, due to being a 14 day forecast.

Swansea
Level Contributor
1,972 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rain in November?

I have been to Sharm 15+ times! I have only experienced a few drops of rain. I have been to Sharm in Jan, Feb, March April, June, Sept Oct, Nov & December.

I am sure you will be fine, unless this is freak weather..

Bridge

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rain in November?

Another one here that has been a lot, I am going on 16th and have been using accuweather to keep an eye on forecast, they are not showing any rain although it does show a temperature drop, don't forget that temperature is always measured in the shade though so it is bound to be a lot warmer than the forecast say. I was there last January and sunbathing and hot on day when historical weather says it was 19 degrees. I know there is no way I would have been laid on a sunlounger at that temperature.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rain in November?

Your link now shows sun and 33 degrees

La Herradura, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rain in November?

I have been several times in November and not seen any rain. Temps have always been good in November when I have been there.

Edited: 03 November 2013, 20:23
Doncaster, United...
Destination Expert
for Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,190 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rain in November?

Hi

Went to Dahab one November and we had hail stones , couldn't believe it and neither could the locals who all stood around looking up at the sky in bemusement . It then flooded and all the shops and bars had to close to mop up ! Next day was red hot glorious sunshine and you wouldn't have known it happened if we hadn't videoed it as proof :)

Cairo, Egypt
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Rain in November?

In November, I would still worry about the sun, not the rain. Usually no rain in Egypt before January. It almost always rains in Egypt when it's winter. Have a great time!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rain in November?

Sorry for the late reply!

Thanks a lot for all your contributions. Will be flying towards end of next week. Looking forward to the sunshine!

Cairo, Egypt
7 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Rain in November?

Just back today from Sharm and weather was great, around 30 degrees Celsius in the morning! Have a great vacation!

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh