We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How busy is sharm

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
plymouth
Level Contributor
107 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
How busy is sharm

We are going at the end of November and was wondering how busy the resort is we are staying at the sharm plazza

Winchester, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How busy is sharm

We are staying at Coral Sea Waterworld and it's really not busy at all, in fact it appears to be the same throughout Sharm.

Manchester
Level Contributor
27 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How busy is sharm

How busy was it in Sharm in December herkieplymouth ?

We fly out next week, and if it's quiet we'll certainly be asking for a room upgrade.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,139 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How busy is sharm

It's still quiet.

regards

plymouth
Level Contributor
107 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How busy is sharm

the hotel we stayed in was pretty busy but the town was very quiet . hope you have a great time

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
590 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How busy is sharm

It's not just the recent troubles thats hitting tourism in Sharm, Alli inclusive in my oppinion as had a massive impact. When I first visited in 2002 the restaurants and bars where very busy, now all I see is lots of tourist with wrist bands in the evening wandering around with no intention to enter a bar or restaurant. Very sad.

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
9,975 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How busy is sharm

I totally agree with you on that one, more and more hotels are changing to AI, people eat first and then go out. The big chains are taking all the money that used to go to local businesses and it's having an adverse affect on the community. Such a shame, when I first visited there were very few hotels and not one AI

Regards

barbarah

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
590 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How busy is sharm

Thanks barbarah, Egypt as such a fragile economy at the best of times, people wonder why they are getting hassle to go into bars/ restaurants, the locals are desperate.

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
9,975 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How busy is sharm

I only ever go b & b, I like to eat at the many very good restaurants in Sharm but in Dec even the better ones were quite empty, restaurants that at one time you had to queue to get a table!

Gloucestershire.
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How busy is sharm

We just got back last Monday….. It was VERY QUIET.

Our hotel was only about 5-10% full ……. brilliant for us, but very, very sad for the hotel, and employees.

We go B&B as there are so many lovely places to eat out, thus spending more money locally….. helping the local businesses…..

Lytham St Anne's...
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How busy is sharm

Yes I entirely agree, I have been visiting sharm for 10 years now, there used to be a great atmosphere in Naama Bay, very busy, lots of hustle and bustle but the 1st uprising with the withdrawal of all nationalities apart from the British, left the town struggling for business, was like a ghost town for quite some time. After a while tourists started to venture back, but then more and more hotels turned to A.I. which has not helped local businesses, it's such a shame as there are many lovely restaurants to sample. The only way to get back to these days is if the hotels steer away from the A.I. But I cannot see that happening. The big hotel chains win again!

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh