We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

'Cold' in January

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
South Wales
Level Contributor
185 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
'Cold' in January

Someone on here said last January was 'cold', exactly how 'cold' was it please? Planning to go next January and a bit concerned now! :(

Kent
Level Contributor
6,148 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 'Cold' in January

been twice and again in jan and have never been cold, always sunbathed during the day and it might get a bit chilly, long sleeves, denim jkt of an evening, usually about 75-80

Cairo
Level Contributor
392 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 'Cold' in January

In Cairo it is cool during the day and very cold at night. In Sharm El Sheikh, it is warm during the day but cold in the evening. In Luxor and Aswan it is warm during the day and cool at night. In Alexandria, it is cold and rainy

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
590 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 'Cold' in January

Sharm can get very strong winds January through to March this can make it feel cool.

Generally temperatures should be low to mid 20's.

Doncaster, United...
Destination Expert
for Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,188 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 'Cold' in January

Hi

You will see the locals in padded jackets, hats and scarves while we walk round in short sleeves, always amuses me to see the difference! it's definitely colder than most other months in sharm but still sunbathing by day and just need a jacket on an evening. Many places have patio heaters so you can still sit outside all evening and many beach bars will have a bonfire so personally I think it's a,great time of year

South Wales
Level Contributor
185 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 'Cold' in January

So we will still come home with a tan then? :(

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
244 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 'Cold' in January

Been the last week in January for the last 3 years always come back with a tan last year was the worst week we have had weather wise with a couple of very black cloudy days and a little rain but it will not put us off going in January roll on 23rd jan 9weeks today but not counting! ,

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
25,771 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 'Cold' in January

I'm known for being cold here - was lovely in January when I went. Yes the staff wore long sleeve shirts.

It was hot by west country standards. Needed a shawl if sitting out at night. Great tan. Sea was fine. It's always chilly at first if you are going off a pontoon into deep water.

British winter or Egyptian? Would you rather be here? If so can I come and get your tickets please?

South Wales
Level Contributor
185 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 'Cold' in January

In a word....NO! Lol, will take our chances ;)

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
25,771 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 'Cold' in January

Darn!

10. Re: 'Cold' in January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh