We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels

West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
525 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels

Hi after sifting through abough 8 four star and 1 five star hotels, all seemed to give bad reviews. Can anyone recommend a good, clean, near the beach, all inclusive middle priced hotel please. Thanks

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
490 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels

Hi moondust, have a look at Xperience St George hotel, the write ups are very good. It is not on the beach but they a have free shuttle bus that goes to their own beach.

Hannah

La Herradura, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels

moondust203

Which hotels have you looked at? IMHO some people do complain about the smallest thing so personally I don't set much store by some reviews. You need to look at a wide range of the reviews and take a balanced view.

Market Weighton
Level Contributor
262 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels

We chose the Jaz Mirabel Park in Nabq Bay, from it's consistently good reviews and go in March. It is a mid price hotel, I think we paid £746 for two weeks from Doncaster with First Choice, which is part of the Thomson Group. Hopefully it has everything we need.

Edited: 30 November 2013, 08:39
West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
525 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels

Thanks all will have a look. The ones I have reviewed which havnt very good reviews are...Gardenia Palace, Viva Sharm,Coral Resort, and Hauza Beach Resort.

Askam in Furness...
Level Contributor
251 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels

We have just returned from Island View Resort, its next to soho square, on the beach, good selection of food (3 a la carte restaurants). Staff are excellent, we enjoyed it so much we are thinking of booking for March next year. Any questions specifically just ask.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels

Haven't stayed at the hotels you have read the reviews on moondust203 - But the reviews have put me off also. They always seem to come pop up though, keep scrolling sometimes paying an extra £70 pp per week pays off in the choice of hotels -

Accrington, United...
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels

You definitely get what you pay for in Sharm, like with anything but as Mcauley2010 says, if you could just up your budget a little you'll notice the difference. Personally, I wouldn't stay in any of the hotels mentioned, I'm sure Gardenia was on some holiday from hell programme a few years ago.

There are some real bargains to he had a the minute so maybe up your budget and do some more research and hopefully you'll get a bargain.

Nichola

Nottingham, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,895 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels

Agree with Nichola about getting what you pay for! Have stayed at numerous 4 and 5 star hotels in Sharm and ranging from a very basic but perfectly Ok for the price we paid Island Garden Resort to all the Hilton's in Sharm, Sierra, Savoy, Concorde El Salam and many many more but for us the best all round hotel at a reasonable price is Sultan Gardens.....best food we have experienced in Sharm and excellent service and facilities. Of course there will be better ones but at substantially (very) more money such as Royal Savoy and Four Seasons.

Check out SG reviews, I have two under my profiles from our visits.

La Herradura, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels

moondust

Not sure why you are saying all the reviews are bad? Viva Sharm is only a 3 star hotel as far as I can see and star ratings in Egypt are not the same as over here. Looking at the Viva Sharm reviews, of the last 20, 11 reviewers rated it excellent and 6 very good. I have visited though not stayed at the Viva Sharm as I have stayed across the road from it and it's a good hotel at a reasonable price. It's not luxurious but then you won't be paying a luxury price . Re Coral Sea resort, of the last 20 reviews, most rated it excellent( 5 star) which looks pretty good to me

As already said, you do get what you pay for and these hotels will probably give you a decent holiday at a decent price. It depends really how much you want to pay.

West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
525 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotels

Thank you all for your help, much appreciated. Will up my budget I think.