We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current mossie situation

South Wales
Level Contributor
195 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Current mossie situation

I keep reading how bad the mossies are in January and February in sharm, I thought because it was windier they would be less of an issue? I am thinking of going to St George's Homestay, is there a big issue there with the little charmers? :)

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,203 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Current mossie situation

They're around 365 days a yr. If you're suceptible, they will find you. There are tips re: mozzies under the Top Q over om the right of the page & also under the Tips thread, above all others. Local spray is callef "Off".

Regards

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
9,987 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Current mossie situation

As Neph says they are here all year round. I've haven't been bitten yet - fingers crossed - but have seen lots of people with bites so the usual care is needed!

La Herradura, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Current mossie situation

It's always a problem so you need to take precautions and be aware. We always use the OFF spray already mentioned by Nephthys. Buy it in Sharm at pharmacies- very effective and the only thing that works for us.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada, Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai
Level Contributor
3,856 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Current mossie situation

The week before last i was with a group of people who got eaten alive. Last week they were about but didn't seem to be biting so much.

I took to spraying the Boots gray bottle of repelant everywhere including my face after being bit there 6 times and managed to keep them at bay!

Haverhill, United...
Level Contributor
132 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Current mossie situation

We used Boots Soltan sun cream and aftersun that has mozzie repellent in it. We didnt get bit once.

Redhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
4,029 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Current mossie situation

I find a dive fin works well! Makes a right mess of the walls though.

7. Re: Current mossie situation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh