We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current weather in sharm

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
manchester
Level Contributor
256 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Current weather in sharm

Some confusion here! Web sites showing weather as sunny and warm while reports from people out there now are saying no sun, cloudy and cold and that the locals dont know what to do because of this and its ruining trade ?

All the weather forecast reports cant be wrong can they?

Hope someone is out there now and can put me at rest!

We go 29th dec for 11 nights

Thanks

Swansea
Level Contributor
1,972 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Current weather in sharm

The weather is back to normal, it was windy, colder & wetter than normal last week.

From the weather forecasts I have been looking at it is back to average..

Enjoy

Bridge

Barry, United...
Level Contributor
537 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Current weather in sharm

been to sharm 6 times now, all in december/january, and have never had as much rain and high winds as we had on thursday and friday.

Bristol
Level Contributor
149 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Current weather in sharm

It's currently 24 degrees. As previously advised Thursday and Friday last week were not good. The weekend it gradually warmed up and this week back to normal. Very warm in the sun today, we sought shade whilst eating lunch.

Swansea
Level Contributor
1,972 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Current weather in sharm

Thanks for the update Honey :-)

Bridge

Solihull, United...
Level Contributor
262 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Current weather in sharm

Hi, can anyone tell me what the weather and temperature generally tend to be in middle of January?

The sticky topic on the right talks about air temp and water temp, but I think what I need to know is is it going to be warm enough to swim in the sea and do I need to take anything warmer than t-shirts for the daytime?

Kent
Level Contributor
6,211 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Current weather in sharm

mid jan we've always sunbathed but as the weather seems to be going crazy the world over i think i will take extra this time, just in case.

Swansea
Level Contributor
1,972 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Current weather in sharm

Asif,

The water temp at the moment is around 25c to 26c apparently warmer than average for the time of year. I would imagine in January it will be 23c to 25c..if I was swimming for any length of time I would want to be wearing a wetsuit! as the sea maybe warm enough for you, but the wind chill factor will make you cold when you come out..

It can be very windy in the winter months so you may need a light jacket in the day..if its not windy a t shirt should be fine :-)

Bridge

Gateshead, United...
Level Contributor
261 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Current weather in sharm

Hello sorry for jumping into your conversation .... Ive just read your advice about maybe having to wear a jacket through the day. Is January not sunbathing weather? Regards

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,153 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Current weather in sharm

Hi,

It is normally sunbathing weather in the day. We've been in early Jan & at the end.

It depends on which part of Sharm you are staying as far as how windy it is, generally speaking. Nabq can be very breezy, day or night, as can Shark's Bay. Naama, Ras Um Sid & Hadaba are more sheltered. Sometimes the breeze is warm, sometimes it's not, in comparison to the temp when the air is still.

There can be some cloudy days in Jan & about 3 years ago, there was a terrific storm around 17th Jan.

If the weather is 'off', it doesn't last long, normally.

I'd say take a few long-sleeved tops, just in case, or light cardis / jumpers.

We've always returned with good tans.

The temps given in the Top Q & Tips thread are in the shade.

Days are short, with the sun going down at about 4-4.30pm & it's dark around 5.30pm.

Regards

10. Re: Current weather in sharm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh