We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wi fi at holiday village sharm

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
manchester
Level Contributor
256 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Wi fi at holiday village sharm

I have read that wi fi costs at the hotel are crazy? Is this right?

Most decent hotels should offer free wi fi or at the most a nominal charge per day or per week i would have thought

Thanks

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,164 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wi fi at holiday village sharm

We are just back the Coral Sea water world and like the HV the wi-fi was really expensive,about £6.00 per hour.

Lots of people hired a modem from Falcon just outside the hotel for £20 per week.

Free wi-fi is available from Burger King,Hard Rock cafe and some of the small cafes in the La Strada shopping centre.

WiFi is going to available free from May 2014.

The small beach cafes have free WiFi and it made me wonder why the hotels dont have it?

Swansea
Level Contributor
1,968 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wi fi at holiday village sharm

HI Knitter44,

It seems a lot of the hotels in Egypt do charge, I am yet to hear of a hotel that doesn't charge?

If you are frequent travellers it may be worth buying outright an unlocked "mi-fi" in the UK & just buying a data sim when you are in the country you are visiting. I do this. Places like Amazon etc you can buy an unlocked "mi-fi" for around £40.00..From memory 5gb data cost around £15.00 in Egypt, you may even be able to get less than 15gb.

You can then connect up to 5 devices to the "mi-fi"

See my link below for an idea of price..

amazon.co.uk/Huawei-E5331-Speed-21-1Mbps-Unl…

Hope this helps

Bridget

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,164 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wi fi at holiday village sharm

I wasnt too bothered to be honest as it was good to get away from the TV and PC for 2 weeks!

I just switched my phone on in Three Crowns and once in Burger king where half the hotel guests were drinking coffee!

All the hotels seem to be getting free wi-fi for May 2014 according to the brochures.

Edited: 19 December 2013, 16:15
4. Re: Wi fi at holiday village sharm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh