We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights home

england
Level Contributor
3,067 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Flights home

I know this may seem a daft question but does anyone know of an airline that offers flights back to front,by that I mean you fly out from the UK on the returning aircraft. Most of the flights I am looking at land back in the UK a silly o'clock in the morning.

Last year when we went to Tunisa we flew out in the afternoon landing at around 8pm and back late morning, appreciate Sharm is a longer flight but with a two hour drive when we get back to the UK would really like to land no later than 9pm.

Thanks for any help

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights home

As all flights from the UK arrive into Sharm form 4pm onwards you will not get a return flight to the UK before 5.30pm but mostly they are later. Only option is to fly with Egypt Air but then you will have to get to Cairo or via Geneva with Easy jet but that means a night at the airport.

Sharm El Sheikh...
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights home

There are Monarch flights that get back to Manchester UK around 9.30pm. Not sure about other airports in UK.

nottingham england
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights home

Monarch land back at Luton at 9pm on a Thursday

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
244 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights home

Also it depends on what time of the year you are planning to go.summer program or winter program as it seems to be that if you fly in the winter months the flights most flights leave the uk in the morning so arriving back to uk from 9pm onwards.But in the summer program flights tend to leave uk around 2pm so arriving back to uk from about 1.30am onwards.Thomas Cook last year had a flight last year from Newcastle that left at 7am back to uk about 8.30pm (not looked for this year)

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,330 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights home

As someone said, only Egyptair probably.

All the UK flights seem to do a round trip in the one day starting from the UK. I have heard this itinerary pushes the limits of various international regulations for what staff and certain size planes are supposed to do in 24 hours or without refuelling ( if you know what I mean - sorry to any aviation experts) ) so that doing it differently would be miles more expensive.

england
Level Contributor
3,067 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights home

thanks everyone got my thinking cap on but really want to go back to Sharm this year, missed it last year but guess unless I want a long drive this end going to have to go with the after midnight land home, but will check out Newcastle. The other option is to get a hotel for the night we arrive back close to the airport - now thats a thought.

Thanks again amd get your drift verity - we all want cheap holidays lol

Gloucestershire.
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,457 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flights home

We fly into Birmingham next Monday evening and land at 9.20 pm with Thomas Cook..

I hate arriving home at say 02.05 am....so this flight suits us :)

england
Level Contributor
3,067 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flights home

Unfortunately the summer schedule is not so convenient DCL however if I had some holiday left I would just love to go away this month - I hate January but I do love the pools to be warm which is why we are looking at June/July this year.

London, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Flights home

Hi....monarch flies into Gatwick at 9pm on a Monday 8)

sheffield
Level Contributor
708 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flights home

We fly out with Monarch from Birmingham next week at 0900 and land at 2120 on the return.