We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scooter hire in SSH

Riga, Latvia
1 post
Save Topic
Scooter hire in SSH

Hi guys.

I know the question has been asked numerous times yet all the answers are dated 2008 as the most recent.

Please advise of scooter hire (I know its madness but I am planning to drive only earlt morning hours ) in SSH . A company name is prefered.

As well please advise of any desert tours or quadracycle tours / other activities You've done and would recommend.

Cheers

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,204 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scooter hire in SSH

Hi,

Re: scooter hire try contacting Kite Junkies or Sinai Safari Adventures. They have websites & the latter alsi has a fb page.

Regards

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scooter hire in SSH

Excuse me if i'm wrong,but in all my visits to Sharm i've never seen scooter hire.I wouldn't want to ride up and down Peace Road on a scooter anyway,you wouldn't last two minutes.

Gloucestershire.
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scooter hire in SSH

I haven't seen tourists on scooters at all..... ( I'm out here right now).

The roads can be a tad manic...... For your own safety and sanity, I'd advise using a taxi..... Or the local buses :)

Redhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
4,029 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scooter hire in SSH

Scooters are available for hire,I have seen a few around.Getting to know how they drive in egypt is one thing,we have bicycles we use in Sharm and to be honest once you have got your head round it its not to bad,the real problem would be maintenance of the scooter,or lack of.The things are bound to be death traps.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,204 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scooter hire in SSH

The 2 names I provided advertise that they do it....which us why I gave the names! Wouldn't catch me on one though.

:-)

P T
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
663 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Scooter hire in SSH

You wouldn't catch me on a scooter in Sharm, travelling on the Taxis & Buses is scary enough especially at night when their trying to save fuel?? by switching the headlights off.

La Herradura, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Scooter hire in SSH

Julian

You are very brave. Driving in Sharm seems to follow totally different rules.

London, England...
Level Contributor
215 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Scooter hire in SSH

I have driven a car in Egypt for a number of years, but would not attempt to ride any 2 wheeled vehicle. As the only road rule is the biggest bas%a&d goes first, then the scooters are way down the list. Be safe get a taxi or bus

9. Re: Scooter hire in SSH

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2015, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh