We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Daughters Passport

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Colwyn Bay, North...
Level Contributor
507 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Daughters Passport

My daughters passport expires 6 months from the day of departure to Sharm; will this be ok or does it have to be 6 months from the departure of Airport at Sharm....want to make sure we don't have to leave her behind :)

P T
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
655 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Daughters Passport

Dranubis your very brave risking loosing a holiday on a telephone conversation!!

I would want it in writing before taking chances like that.

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
4,247 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Daughters Passport

Hi

dranubis59 does say at the end of his post that it is his own choice and not advice he is giving!

Because vaccinations are not compulsory it has to be down to the individual, but please check with your travel insurance company about coverage

Karen

La Herradura, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Daughters Passport

@dranubis

Yes you are brave and/or lucky lol with the passport. I have actually known someone who was turned away. Re the vaccinations, of course it is your choice but as Karen says you have to check your insurance cover as if you do, god forbid, contract something you may not be covered. I have always had them over the years as I was travelling abroad a lot and they were free so why not have them.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
348 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Daughters Passport

lol rollergirl I have to have some luck at some point :)

my post was me simply saying I had the passport issue and that's how I dealt with !!

it was an observation of being in a similar situation

thank u karenk

La Herradura, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Daughters Passport

dranubis

Think you must be lucky- you just got those cheap flights to Sharm !

Colwyn Bay, North...
Level Contributor
507 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Daughters Passport

I'm with KarenK but hubby likes to do everything by the book. looked at the Government website and they recommend Hep A and Tetnus....Only recommend Typhoid if going off the beaten track; hate taking any drugs unless Absolutley necessary to be honest....passport ? Will renew as not really fair on the daughter if we have to leave her behind :)

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
820 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Daughters Passport

Your doctor should be able to tell you from records what injections you need & if the ones that you have already had are still effective.

Colwyn Bay, North...
Level Contributor
507 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Daughters Passport

Haven't had any injections since I went to Kenya 20 years ago so probs need them all now....my teenage daughter is absolutely terrified of injections....she is stressing like mad. TBH if I researched a bit more and realised we needed injections I wouldn't have booked....but hey, all done now so best get in with it as we go away 5 weeks Sunday.....

19. Re: Daughters Passport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2015, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh