We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Boat Trip (if any?)

chigwell, essex. uk
Level Contributor
1,312 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Which Boat Trip (if any?)

We will be staying at Sultan Gardens in February, with our two four year old grandsons.

I was wondering if there would be a boat trip suitable for us to do with them? Looking at one that picks-up fairly locally to the SG, don't want a long journey.

Also that can accommodate, the young one's. Do the trips make stops for a dip/snorkelling? Are there life jackets for the boys? What time scale are the trips full/half day?

What kind of costs would they be?

Any other advice or tips on this question would be appreciated.

Lorraine

Cheshire
Level Contributor
365 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Boat Trip (if any?)

Most boat trips from Sharm are to do with Snorkelling, I think the most popular one is Tiran Island, you dont have to snorkel and can use it as a nice boat trip, they do provide life jackets for children i think its part of the saftey law that they have to. they are usually half day. i think they cost around £50 if you book with the rep but can get them much cheaper elsewhere

chigwell, essex. uk
Level Contributor
1,312 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Boat Trip (if any?)

So £50 per person for a half day trip?

I was wondering if there are any particular company that someone has experience of and can recommend as being better than others?

Lorraine

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
9,988 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Boat Trip (if any?)

The Tiran Island trips are usually a full day, with three snorkel stops. Lunch is inc as are all soft drinks, adult price is £15/18 booked locally. I usually use Fayed Travel, opposite McDonalds in Naama Bay but there are lots of companies to choose from. It may not bother you, it doesn't me but some people would prefer to have English speaking people on the trip, as opposed to a boatful of other nationalities. Its an excellent trip, you may see dolphins in the wild.

You may want to consider the 'submarine' or glass bottom boat trip, these last approx. and hour, the sea life is fascinating, your children will really enjoy seeing Nemo!

Regards

barbarah

Southampton...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Boat Trip (if any?)

If you go into Naama Bay and in the street that runs along side the Jolie Ville Hotel and opposite their coffee shop, there is a little shop front that offer boat trips and other excursions. They are brilliant and we have booked everything through them for the last few years. Didn't go last year because of other commitments - hence the loss of memory! They run really good boats, with excellent dive lads and the lunches that are laid on for the guests are excellent.

I hope that helps and I am sorry I can't be more specific,

London, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Boat Trip (if any?)

Hi

I've just returned with my son who is nearly 4 and although tempted to do the tiran island trip, settled for the glass bottom boat. It was more than long enough for him and we got to see some amazing fish and beautiful coral.

Sarah

La Herradura, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Boat Trip (if any?)

The boat trip to Tiran Island is lovely with stops for snorkelling/ swimming if you wish but it's a full day so may be a bit boring for them at age 4. The stops for snorkelling are out in the middle of the sea so the water is very deep. Lifejackets are available but it depends how confident they are in water. Glass bottom boat which is a shorter trip sounds a good idea.

7. Re: Which Boat Trip (if any?)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2015, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh