We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thomson reserve seats

s wales
Level Contributor
553 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
thomson reserve seats

Do thomson release their reserve your seat optiion earlier than 90 days for Sharm flights?

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,917 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: thomson reserve seats

No. 90 days prior for all flights.

SCOTLAND
Level Contributor
131 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: thomson reserve seats

Hi, I booked our holiday on 12/1/14 for travel on 20/2/14 and was able to reserve our seats the following day, only 38 days before flight.

s wales
Level Contributor
553 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: thomson reserve seats

Thats because you were travelling at less than 90 days i would have thought. My original post was ambiguous and should have said 'more than 90 days prior to travel'.Thomson say they dont release seating until 90 days before ret flight. TC also said the same for cuba lasr year but released much earlier.

s wales
Level Contributor
553 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: thomson reserve seats

Thank you

Burnley UK
Level Contributor
371 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: thomson reserve seats

We flew last August with Thomson and it was 90 days before our flight before I could log on to reserve our seats

SCOTLAND
Level Contributor
131 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: thomson reserve seats

Just realised how daft my reply was. Of course I was already within the 90 day window when I booked the holiday. Wasn't thinking straight when I wrote it lol. I too have been in the position where the seat booking has opened up prior to the 90 days so I tend to keep checking when it gets to a couple of weeks before the 90 days.

s wales
Level Contributor
553 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: thomson reserve seats

Thank you all again

SEAFORD EAST SUSSEX
Level Contributor
260 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: thomson reserve seats

I think that you can pre-book seats by phone earlier than by the internet.(sorry but I do not have the phone number) But then again you need to know the seating plan to be able to do that. Some people that have flown before will probably be familiar with seat numbers etc. I have just booked for March and was able to choose seats the next day, the Thomson flight that we are on is 3 and 3 with the aisle down the middle. I wanted to book a middle seat and an aisle seat but you cannot do that, I had to book a window and middle seat.

s wales
Level Contributor
553 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: thomson reserve seats

Have confirmed is 9o days from return flight. Hsve been 7 times previously so know the plane layout but dont bother with prebooked seats usually for the two of us. There are 6 of us going this time and so wanted to get the rows together. We booked this holiday last July for this May and had the seats included as repeat customers.

10. Re: thomson reserve seats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2015, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh