We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

underwater cameras

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
manchester
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
1 review
Save Topic
underwater cameras

Hi,

can anyone recommend a decent underwater camera for snorkling and diving .

staying at reef oasis senses on 7th april , first time to Egypt .

booked it for hubbys 50th, he cant wait to go snorkling .

thanks ,

karen

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
4,268 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: underwater cameras

There was a massive thread on this a while ago, put underwater camera into the search box and hopefully you will find it

Karen

London, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: underwater cameras

I will be buying a Fujifilm Finepix XP60 for this summer, I've found it's affordable and I'm impressed by the quality of pictures and videos which I've seen on youtube, hopefully it suits your needs also :)

manchester
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: underwater cameras

thanks for the replies , did try the search box before I posted but its not working .

karen

Swindon
Level Contributor
97 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: underwater cameras

Last time we went I bought a cheap disposable whilst out there and it was ok. We're off to the Sunrise Select Diamond on the 31st March and I've "invested" in a 16mg camera for £50 off of e-bay. We have a really good camera for normal photography so didn't want to spend too much for something that will only get a weeks worth of use so hopefully it'll get decent results.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111181991315…

La Herradura, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: underwater cameras

Kazcoops

Try the search box above forum again, it appears to be ok. Loads of threads on underwater cameras which are helpful.

I have a Fuji Finepix underwater camera( bought from Amazon) which is great. The disposables are not much use TBH.

Alternatively you can buy an underwater housing for your own camera but they can be expensive.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
3,375 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: underwater cameras

Have a friend who is just back from holiday, he bought a waterproof pouch off their flight and took underwater photos using an iPhone 5. The first question I asked was what underwater camera had they used as the photos were fantastic. I thought they were going to tell me it was a very expensive underwater camera! I've often seen the pouches on sale, so may purchase one next flight.

North Walsham...
Level Contributor
851 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: underwater cameras

Disposables and pouches aren't suitable for diving purposes. The suggestion about looking to see if there's a housing for a camera you already have is a good one, if you are looking to buy from scratch, be aware that there is a MASSIVE price range to look through - from about £100 to several thousand.

It's addictive, I'm on my 4th upgrade now.....

Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: underwater cameras

I just bought one like this,, ebay.co.uk/itm/… hopefully it does the job

Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: underwater cameras

I just bought one like this,, ebay.co.uk/itm/… hopefully it does the job

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
3,375 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: underwater cameras

I suppose it depends on whether you want one for snorkelling, or If diving, then good housing. I love looking at photos friends have taken, wish I was better myself!

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh
Recent Conversations