We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel insurance

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
Travel insurance

Hi can anyone please advise on travel insurance for pre-existing medical cover and also covers terrorism ? I've had to cancel the policy I had as fco advises high threat of terrorism.

Many thanks in advance

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
3,375 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel insurance

Try Insure and Go, they are good at adding pre existing medical conditions.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel insurance

Thankyou for help, I have used them in the past but never needed extra cover for terrorism, and not sure if they do. I will check :-)

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
25,454 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel insurance

Interesting question Weemam. Quite a few do pre existing meds now but the terrorism as well doesn't seem to come up in a search. I was surprised with so much going on in the world.

It's relevant to a lot of people. Hopefully someone will know. Sorry I can't be more help.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel insurance

No probs, I have been trolling insurance sites all night trying to find cover for both and not having any luck, it seems to be one or the other. What insurance cover is others using ?

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
3,375 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel insurance

I was doing the car insurance the other day, went to bed with a massive headache!! So with you're question with the added situation I'd probably end up with migraine! Let us know when you've found a company please. Thanks!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel insurance

Ha ha my eyes have crossed reading lots of policy wording, what's insured / what's not. Thus why I have decided to ask for help incase there was a simple answer, i will indeed let u know if I can get cover. Thanks

shoreham-by-sea
Level Contributor
129 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel insurance

As Sharm is in the "safe" green area according to the foreign office, I had assumed that our standard insurance that we buy through a company scheme on an annual basis would be fine. I shall have to read the small print.

england
Level Contributor
2,925 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel insurance

Just done a deal with Flexicover as hubby has a pre existing medical condition. When I checked all the companies I short listed were the same ref terrorism and acts of God - however this company was still including Egypt with the European cover group not putting it into a specific higher risk category and a good price.

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
353 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel insurance

Hi, we always use Insure and Go, they too class Egypt in Europe, plus you can add on for civil unrest which we don' t normally do , but may do this year.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel insurance

Thankyou very much for your help all! The Flexicover prestige should give me peace of mind.........I suppose the rest is in the hands of god :-)

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh
Recent Conversations