We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coral Sea Holiday Village - Sharm - advice please

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Coral Sea Holiday Village - Sharm - advice please

Hi

Me and my little family are heading to this lovely hotel in 3 weeks (woohoo) can anyone give advice on the following please:

1) Do you know if the hotel have wheelchairs for use?

2) Is there an iron in the rooms?

3) Is the hairdryer worthy or should I take a proper one?

4) Did you find tipping in the British pound more acceptable?

Much appreciated

Lia

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
4,294 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coral Sea Holiday Village - Sharm - advice please

Hi

I can't answer your question about the hotel, however please do not tip in pound coins, staff can not change them until they have saved enough to ask a tourist to change them for a note. Please don't do it

Karen

Glasgow, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Coral Sea Holiday Village - Sharm - advice please

Thank you for that. This is bothering my hubby. He likes to tip properly. Much appreciated x

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
4,294 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coral Sea Holiday Village - Sharm - advice please

Hi

Please tell him not to worry, I go to sharm many times each year and very rarely tip, it's not compulsory, if you do tip, tip if you get good/excellent service, not to receive it!

Karen

London, United...
Level Contributor
206 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coral Sea Holiday Village - Sharm - advice please

Hi,

1) I am unsure about the wheelchair situation- sorry, but try emailing Jade, the guest relations lady on chv-gr@coralsearesorts.com She should be able to help

2) There are no irons in the room, but if you phone reception, they will bring one to you for you to use

3) The hairdryer is acceptable, but not great. More like a puff of hot air. I usually take my own (I've got long hair though) but others have no problem with it, so its up to you. You need to keep your finger on the button while using it though, so can make blow drying tricky!

4) I always tip in Egyptian, as per above post. Most guest staying there tip £1 coins though, then the staff keep asking you to change up into notes for them

I'm back in 11 days for my 5th visit to the HV :-) Have a great time....I'm sure you will!

Catherine

Glasgow, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Coral Sea Holiday Village - Sharm - advice please

Thank you both VERY much, this is great. I will use this email and contact the re wheelchair. Fabulous! Getn excited now xxx

Glasgow, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Coral Sea Holiday Village - Sharm - advice please

Thanks again. Much appreciated x

7. Re: Coral Sea Holiday Village - Sharm - advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh