We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Divers

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
590 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Divers

I was wondering what the diving situation was with regards to the amount if divers out there at the moment? Is it still quiet or have numbers started to pick up? Looking forward to 10 days diving next month!!!

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
9,987 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Divers

Twenty divers arrived at the Lido today, don't know how many are at this hotel already

Regards

barbarah

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
590 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Divers

Thanks

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
590 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Divers

Sounds like the Lido is getting busy Barbarah, looking forward to my stay next month.

Any tips for the Hotel? I've visited Sharm many times but this will be my first visit to the Lido.

North Walsham...
Level Contributor
867 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Divers

It's a great little hotel with superb staff Pilkyefc. Good location, just up from the jetty - in fact you can sit at the restaurant or bar and watch the dive boats jostling for mooring positions.

The dive sites were quiet back in March, and several dive centres have closed until things pick up.

Looking forward to our trip to the Lido next month too.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
148 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Divers

Hoping it's as quiet beginning of June as it was in March, nice to be able to spread out on the boat and have more fish than divers :-), though for the dive centres' sakes I hope it's picked up a bit.

London, England...
Level Contributor
215 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Divers

3 days ago first dive at jackfish alley 2 dive boats there and only a hand full of divers. Second dive at yolanda 3 boats and still only a hand full of divers. It is very quite at the moment

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
223 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Divers

We are due at the Lido next month as well for 6 days diving - we did like watching the jetty while getting breakfast. I am hoping for more fish than divers :-) . Sounds like the Lido is turning into a divers hotel - we were there @2 years ( I think ) ago and although the hotel was full we were the only divers

Sharm El Sheikh...
Level Contributor
192 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Divers

The amount of divers compared to other years is down by a lot but hopefully for the centres and the staff that work in them it will start to pick up soon ... maybe not until after the election though

9. Re: Divers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2015, 09:16
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh