We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

changes to our booking

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
manchester
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
changes to our booking

Have just received notification from Thomas Cook about a change to our flight times for 12th June. It looks like there is an extra hour on the time difference like previously mentioned. So we now arrive one hour later and flight back an hour later.

england
Level Contributor
2,934 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: changes to our booking

Are you still flying with the same company - l Just read another post and I think this is due to day light saving being implemented in Egypt from the 15th of May but should not alter the time of your outgoing flight from UK you will just arrive 'one hour' later local time and when you come home you will arrive at the same time but depart one hour later lock time.

Edited: 15 May 2014, 07:36
Sharm El Sheikh...
Level Contributor
192 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: changes to our booking

Yes the clocks will go forward one hour here at midnight tonight.

Fife, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
8,943 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: changes to our booking

So the difference between Egypt and UK please....is Egypt now 2 or 3 hours ahead?

surrey
Level Contributor
194 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: changes to our booking

Its is 1 at the moment will be 2 from tomorrow but flight time leaving uk should be the same you will arrive an hour later and on your return your flight will leave sharm an hour later but you will arrive in uk at the same time

Fife, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
8,943 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: changes to our booking

Ok thanks. Good to know what's what!

manchester
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: changes to our booking

Yes we are still with same company. Flight times same for uk departure and arrival but changed in egypt by one hour. I thought egypt will now be three hours different though so am happy with just two.

Fife, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
8,943 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: changes to our booking

Max - so did I but its from GMT not BST that's the difference and where I was confused too!

corby
Level Contributor
297 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: changes to our booking

I wondered about this myself. My flight leaves luton 13:55 arrives sharm 20:10 on 29th may

Then home 12th June at 21:10 I think it leaves sharm? Land approx 01:50 early hours 13th June

So we are now landing even later into sharm :/

england
Level Contributor
2,934 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: changes to our booking

Yes hamnan we thought we would be in Sharm to have dinner in the hotel restaurant but now, local time, it will be an hour later - so we might have to go into Naama bay for dinner - what a shame....... not.....

corby
Level Contributor
297 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: changes to our booking

Oh no :( I have 3 small kids so won't b able to go out for food late at night. I'm worried now we are all going to be hungry!

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh