We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hot in July

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hot in July

We have booked at two week stay in Sharm in July. I know its going to be hot - but is it going to be unbearable? I am worrying like mad that we will be so hot we wont be able to go out and about. I like it hot but is this going to be TOO HOT. The hottest place I've ever been was in Rome in August where it was 37C. But I thought it was grand lol. Please can someone put my mind at rest. We love lying on the beach and exploring , so again do you think we will be okay to do this at this time of the year? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
590 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hot in July

During the day it can reach the high 40's on a regular basis, and it's not uncommon to reach 50. Night time doesn't get much better with lows in the 30's.

The sun is so much stronger than the typical Med resorts i.e Spain so high factor sun cream and drinking lots of water is essential.

warrington
Level Contributor
515 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hot in July

It will be hot. Mid late 40s may even get to 50. Just take plenty of high factor cream. Drink plenty if water and chose a subbed with shade. When our kids were in school we went July or August and none of us ever burnt. I stuck to 50 or 30 cream all holiday. Stick to other months now don't have to go school hols. Make sure you have a hat too.

La Herradura, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hot in July

Agree with the previous 2 posters. You are going at the hottest time of the year to the Sinai. Temps will be well in the 40s and can reach 50 as already said - extremely hot !!! It doesn't cool down much at night either though hotels will have AC. You need to take care with the sun during the day and use at least SPF 30 and consume lots of fluids. Maybe you should have checked before booking ???

West Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
1,399 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hot in July

Yes drink lots of water and remember to replenish the salt you will be loading with sweating. It does not take long at those temps to feel heat related affects.

Your hotel will have a pool and access to a beach take more frequent dips to cool down.

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
11,942 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hot in July

I could have sworn I had seen this exact post before. I find it odd that people book trips first and only then look into what they have paid for.

It would be far too hot for me, but plenty of people say they enjoy extreme heat.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
361 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hot in July

Dont worry it will be hot but you will enjoy it and not worry when you are there, my children have been in July and August and never complain, its lovely :-)

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hot in July

I did the same thing booked then realised the temperatures..: I don't think people need to be smart ars*s about it. It actually says 37 in the thomas cook brochures so that's what I went on. I've had the same worries but now am very much looking forward to going in July. People wouldn't go back time and time again if it was unbearable.

London, United...
Level Contributor
504 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hot in July

Jess & Kenneth - 37 degrees in the shade - full sun is much hotter. What nobody has mentioned, however, is the humidity, which is extremely low in Sharm, and I personally find this makes it much more bearable than, for example, 37 in Turkey or Cyprus. As before with the high factor suncream & fluids, but stay in the shade between 12 & 3 if at all possible - if not, cover up.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hot in July

Thank you ^😊

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
224 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hot in July

we came back sat from sharm reach 105 degrees and was very humid and that was may

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh