We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Egypt in July? Safe? Too Hot? Bad Food?! :)

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Egypt in July? Safe? Too Hot? Bad Food?! :)

Hi all,

Myself and my wife are looking to go on holiday this July in just a few weeks with our two teenagers 13 and 15. We are looking for a 4-5 star excellent hotel with aqua park onsite and have noticed there are some very good deals to be had if we go Egypt (sharm el sheikh) rather than any other country.

My question is has anyone who has similar age teenagers been to Sharm? We have heard it's too, hot and the food isn't great and you may get ill!

I thought I would come on here and ask anyone that has actually been in July that can give us a honest account.

We were looking at the following hotels. Even better if you have been to one of them! :)

1. Jaz Aquamarine

2. Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort and Spa

3. Iberotel Lamaya Resort

Thanks all - Anthony Leicester

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Egypt in July? Safe? Too Hot? Bad Food?! :)

You should post your questions in Sharm El Sheikh forum.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g297555-i9225-Sh…

Support Forum is for asking general questions on how to use TripAdvisor website, how to find things on it and how to use its many features.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
731 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Egypt in July? Safe? Too Hot? Bad Food?! :)

Hi Anthony,

Welcome to the forums! As Hans mentioned, your topic was initially misplaced in the TA Support forums. I wanted to let you know that we've since moved it here to the Sharm El Sheikh forums where it belongs and where you'll hopefully get a lot of helpful advice. Good luck with your research!

Happy travels,

TA_Louise

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Egypt in July? Safe? Too Hot? Bad Food?! :)

Hi,

I was in Sharm last summer during the revolution, so if that's as "unsafe" as it gets you should have no concerns. Sinai and the Red Sea are over 10 hours drive from Cairo or indeed any major city so very separate from political struggles if any exist.

Sharm is often billed as the playground of the rich and famous but is highly popular with families too. Teens should be especially happy as activities like horse riding and snorkelling are active and allow some independence and choice, as well as adventure

As for the heat, almost every inch of Sharm is airconditioned and a cold drink costs next to nothing. I am Australian and don't mind the heat as much as Europeans, and in July it can sit around 35.

The Red Sea resorts are strictly quality controlled, and so I would also be unconcerned about food. I travelled with some who found the difference in diet upset them a little, but they were intensely afraid of the food so this may have been equal parts psychological.

If you do choose to go, my tip is that Egyptians are intensely personal people who value friends and family highly, so be friendly and familiar with your restaurant, hotel and tour staff and you will find your trip cheaper and more comfortable.

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
4,292 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Egypt in July? Safe? Too Hot? Bad Food?! :)

Hi Anthony

You can find lots of general info with regards to temp, illness etc. in the tips and general advice section down the left hand side of the page, if you are using a phone have a look at the top pinned topic on the furum page.

I need to advise the Jaz Aquamarine hotel is in Hurghada, the Iberotel Lamaya Resort is in Marsa Alam, only the Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort and Spa is in Sharm.

You will find forums for each location

tripadvisor.co.uk/Tourism-g297549-Hurghada_R…

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g311425-i9663-Ma…

Karen

Belfast
Level Contributor
292 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Egypt in July? Safe? Too Hot? Bad Food?! :)

Hi, we are going to Reef Oasis Beach Resort end if July and our son will be 10 while there. He coupes well with the heat and so do we.

:)

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada, Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai
Level Contributor
3,703 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Egypt in July? Safe? Too Hot? Bad Food?! :)

Reef Oasis Blue Bay only has 3 slides. You are better off looking at the Sentido Reef Oasis Senses or Reef Oasis Beach Resort as the waterpark is bigger.

It will be very hot but it's a dry heat and so quite different to the kind of heat at that time of year in Spain etc.

I've only had 1 instance of a bad tummy in numerous visits so it's not a given that you will get ill.

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,089 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Egypt in July? Safe? Too Hot? Bad Food?! :)

It would be too hot for me. I think Egypt is the ideal winter destination. But many people seem to like extreme heat. The food in the better hotels is good quality international style? I wouldn't worry about the tummy bugs.

Do look at the top questions on the right of the Sharm and general Egypt forums.

La Herradura, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Egypt in July? Safe? Too Hot? Bad Food?! :)

As verity1 hss already said please read the Top Questions on the right of the forum and the Tips and General Advice post at the top of the forum - all the info is there on food, tummy upsets, temperature, jabs, currency, haggling etc etc and many more useful topics. All essential info for Sharm holidays.

Please be aware July can be very hot - 40C+ so take care with the sun if you go. High SPF and lots of fluids needed at all times. Also mosquitos can be very persistent so a good effective repellant is essential.

Edited: 07 June 2014, 20:04
Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
3,431 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Egypt in July? Safe? Too Hot? Bad Food?! :)

We enjoy ROBB, There's a great animation team who look after the children with lots of activities. There are many pools to choose from and the leisure pool does have a few slides. The snorkelling is excellent and wonderful to do. If you have any more questions about the Hotel I will try and help you.

As has already been said expect temperatures to be high, but with careful planning you should be ok.

UK
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Egypt in July? Safe? Too Hot? Bad Food?! :)

Strictly quality controlled? Really? Lol

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh