We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aug-Sep 2014, scuba diving Sharm el Sheikh+Israel

Bratislava, Slovakia
2 posts
Save Topic
Aug-Sep 2014, scuba diving Sharm el Sheikh+Israel

Hello,

I am planning to go to Sharm el Sheikh just because of scuba diving. i would like to stay there 5-8days and then I am planning to go to Israel - sightseeing.I am traveling without travel agency.

Has anyone done trip like this? What transport shall I use? How expensive this trip may be? Can you recommend scuba diving company ( I have PADI certificate), and hotels

THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE.

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
590 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aug-Sep 2014, scuba diving Sharm el Sheikh+Israel

I have travelled to the Red Sea resorts every year since 2002, my only reason like you is to dive. I always book indepentanly as I have found it can work out cheaper than with booking through a travel agent. Having said that, flights seem to be getting more and more expensive.

There are too many hotels to mention in Sharm, depending on your budget you will have a very good choice to choose from, I can recommend both Marriot hotels, both Novotels and the Hilton Fayrouz. I stay B&B as there are many decent restautants in Naama bay that are reasonably priced. I always dive with Emperor divers who in my oppinion are a fantastic dive outfit. They are based at the Bay view hotel which is a very cheap budget hotel, ideal for divers who are out on the boats all day. There are lots of other good dive centres too.

Haven't travelled to Israel so cant help you with that.

I've been lucky enough to dive in various locations around the world, the Red Sea still tops it for me.

Hope this helps.

North Walsham...
Level Contributor
851 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aug-Sep 2014, scuba diving Sharm el Sheikh+Israel

I second Emperor divers, although there are many other good dive centres in Sharm. A quick forum search will bring up some previous questions about this, together with recommended centres.

Keep checking the various websites - there are frequently special offers for diving packages, and I find it generally cheaper to book online before travelling. Anything purchased in resort gets tax added to it.

3. Re: Aug-Sep 2014, scuba diving Sharm el Sheikh+Israel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2015, 06:17