We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap dinner options

London
Level Contributor
531 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap dinner options

Hi all

We're off to Sharm next week, staying in the Falcon Naama Star in Naama Bay. Breakfast is included in the hotel. We are diving on most days and apparently the dive boat serves up a good lunch for about £5.

We would like to keep dinner costs down as much as possible. We want to have one or two nice meals, hoping to go to Rangoli. However, we would like cheap but filling eats on some nights.

Any suggestions or are we going to end up at Pizza Hut?!

Only criteria is

1. Clean - we don't want food poisoning or the runs if we can help it

2. Must have at least one vegetarian option on the menu

3. Ideally in Naama Bay so we aren't needing to spend extra on taxis

Also any suggestions for bars or similar for reasonably priced alcoholic drinks would be great. OH likes his beer! Are the local beers ok?

Thank you!

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
590 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap dinner options

There are many good reassembly priced restaurants in Naama bay. I always stay B&B and eat out every night. In no particular order my favourites our the camel tandoori, the Fayrouz restaurant (Lebanese) Dananeer,and the camel bar roof terrace.

Doncaster, United...
Destination Expert
for Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,190 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap dinner options

Try kam zaman, excellent food and great value.doesn't do alcohol but you can take your own from the off licence just across the road which works out around a £1 for a 500 ml bottle of beer. Open kitchen so you can see the food being cooked and also fresh baked bedouin bread with dips is a must. The blue fountain is nice as is Pomodoro Italian, abu el sid,camel Indian, viva and many more.Food is pretty cheap every where in sharm it's the alcohol that makes it expensive most main courses will be around the 60 le mark on average.We were there last week and most expensive main course was 200le which was a seafood mixed grill where hubby picked his selection from the display and it was based on weight of the fish,prawns etc. I had a set meal at tam tam oriental cafe in December which for 5 course set me back 200 Le. Other than that we tend to eat pretty cheap. Get a gold card from the blue fountain and you get 10% off your bill there and at a few other places. Good place for drinks camel especially at happy hour or tavern is really good value, have a great time

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
9,981 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap dinner options

El Masrien is now opening in Naama Bay, superb Egyptian food and very reasonable. I've eaten at the one in Old Sharm many times so pleased it's now opening in Naama. It's near Kan Zaman which is already mentioned in the row opposite the Hard Rock

Regards

barbaraho

Aylesbury
Level Contributor
470 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap dinner options

Fayrouz and El Masrien (as previously mentioned), Tam Tam and Da Franco's (both on the prom not far from centre of Na'ama Bay) and Porto Marino on the corner of King of Bahrain Street by Diar Na'ama Mall. I'd hesitate to suggest Kanabesh - the food is pretty good and not expensive but the service is a bit slow and the toilets are a bit, well, kak. There's also Hard Rock Cafe of course.

Enjoy

Sharm El Sheikh...
Level Contributor
192 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap dinner options

Blue Fountain, Tavern Bar, Pirates Bar at Hilton Fayrouz, and basically all of the above as well!

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap dinner options

I think it's called Ligatore,an Itallian on the beach path,between the Jolie Ville and Ghazahla beach in Naama.Cracking place!

London
Level Contributor
531 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap dinner options

Brilliant! Thanks so much everyone, a great list there, we'll be able to eat somewhere different every night :) going on Thurs, can't wait!

London
Level Contributor
531 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheap dinner options

Thanks again everyone, we are here now and basically living in/around the camel bar in the evenings! Happy hour rocks! We've been to Pomodoro and the Tandoori. Back again tonight to watch the England match. Hope to try some other places but when the Camel Bar offers cheap beer, air con, pizza and curry....not sure what else I need lol!

London, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cheap dinner options

Hi there

A restaurant that we highly recommend is viva beach,located on the main Naama bay seafront,it is mid priced-a3 course meal for two,with drinks will be £20-30.

The first time we ate there our table was about 2 feet from the shoreline on the beach,but last time our table was even closer and my feet were in the sea,this together with the candlelight made it a very romantic setting.

try it and get in the mood

London
Level Contributor
531 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cheap dinner options

Thanks, I think we've wondered past Viva, we'll check it out