We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

December Holiday

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
kent
Level Contributor
32 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
December Holiday

Hi!!

We were meant to be going on holiday in July, but my partner broke his back!!

We have been told by Thomson we can change it so we want to put it back to December so he can fly!!

I love the sun, could you tell me if the weather will still be good, I've been to Sharm in October and it was still lovely.

Also, best hotels by Thomson, we like a swim up bar (will these be open in December?), close to bars to walk to and nice food (we are both pretty laid back when it comes to food!!)

Thanks for your help in advance!!

Hartlepool
Level Contributor
671 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: December Holiday

Been to Sharm loads of times for Chistmas and New Year and also in April, June and October. Its or favourite time as its lovely during the day but chilly on a night time so a carding/fleece is needed.

Just come back on 11th June but found it too hot for us and we were in the shade most of the day.

Edited: 17 June 2014, 22:11
Bedfordshire
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: December Holiday

We have been in December quite a few times, first you have very short days gets warm enough to sun bath around 10am and starts cooling down around 3pm. The pool needs to be heated to swim in and I usually take a spare pair of trunks to the pool and change as soon as I get out. The evening can be variable, if there is a wind it can get quite cold. Some years I have been in a t-shirt others I've needed a vest jumper and light coat.

Look at

wunderground.com/weather-forecast/EG/Sharm_E…

There is an Almernac section, put in a date for last December to get an idea.

Phil

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
9,975 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: December Holiday

December is a great time to be in Sharm. Temps in the day are late 20s and yes, can be much cooler in the evening but you can still eat out

Make sure you choose an hotel with at least one heated pool, unheated pools can be very cold

Regards

barbarah

kent
Level Contributor
32 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: December Holiday

Thank you for your messages, do any of you have hotel suggestions for the mid range price?

I'm excited now 😁 !!!

Surrey
Level Contributor
89 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: December Holiday

Sorry to hear about your partner.

Will be going back to Sharm in December as well, first time going away Nov Dec time. Plenty of members have said that the weather is great in December. Have only been to the Iberotel Palace, fantastic Thomson hotel, it has a swim up bar, not sure if the pool is heated in December though! Time to try a different hotel next visit, so many great hotels to choose from, that’s the problem!

Some winter sun in sharm, the perfect place to recuperate!

warrington
Level Contributor
518 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: December Holiday

We stayed att JAZ Mirabel beach one December and although the pool was supposed to be heated it was too cold for me. It is in Thomson brochure .

Barry, United...
Level Contributor
523 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: December Holiday

hi,we go most decembers to the iberotel club fanara,no swim up bar but the big pool is heated (some hotels only heat a small pool,but dont tell you that ).also its on the beach and the sea temp at this time is fine for snorkeling.

Hartlepool
Level Contributor
671 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: December Holiday

Fleetway are promoting the Sierra for December

9. Re: December Holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh
Recent Conversations