We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sharm airport

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Accrington
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Sharm airport

Just read some reviews on trip advisor that hav concerned me about Sharm airport where clerks call you aside and ask for your English money to change? Is this normal I always take sterling as a back up money and change if I need to in resort is this allowed?

Level Contributor
65 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sharm airport

Ive not seen this on my visits to sharm, we always just exchange our sterling at the atm in the hotel as and when we need to

Hartlepool
Level Contributor
676 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sharm airport

Been to Sharm, numerous times before and its never happened to me nor have I seen it happen

Accrington, United...
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sharm airport

Never happened to us either over the past 8 years of visiting.

Nichola

Aylesbury
Level Contributor
464 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sharm airport

Ditto: been going to Sharm since 2008 and it's never happened to us. If indeed it is happening just say No.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,211 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sharm airport

Jojopos

You posted the same question last week

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g297555-i9225-k…

wales
Level Contributor
551 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sharm airport

Hi

Where did you see this on tripasvisor?? I have been through sharm many times and never encountered this. You do sometimes get airport staff in departures asking you to change pound coins, that they have had as tips, into notes so they can take it to exchange burea.

S S W

7. Re: Sharm airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh