We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa cash

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Visa cash

This may sound like a silly question.

I've noticed that the visa costs $25 so i am changing up $50 worth today for the 2 of us. However does it matter what notes they are in?

I only ask because i remember a few years back there was a keruffle at the gates in Hurghada because they only wanted £10 notes per person and no other varieties. Is this still the case. i.e will i be able to just give over a $50 for the both of us or do i have to change them up so it's $25 each?

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
9,974 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa cash

You don't have to get dollars, give £10s you will get change in LEs. Do you really need a visa? Are you going to Cairo, Luxor or Ras Mohammad National Park by boat or road or maybe diving?

Regards

barbarah

Sharm El Sheikh...
Level Contributor
192 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa cash

No with US$ 50 for two people they should be OK with that, they advertise that the visa is in US$ so if you have the correct amount - no problem and no arguments!

Level Contributor
62 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa cash

You only need a visa if you are leaving sharm, you can still go quad biking, star gazing and a trip to tiran island , as barbarah says you only need to get one if you want to go to Cairo or luxor etc

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
4,248 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa cash

You will also need a visa if staying over 15 days

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa cash

Had no problem with 2x $20 + $10 notes a few weeks ago. As others have said above check if you really need one and if you do, go to the official visa counter, it's usually empty where the crowds that have been directed to the reps counters will have paid over the top :-(

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa cash

So are you saying that's it's ok to buy your visa with good old British money ?

Garry

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
9,974 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa cash

Yes and you'll get change in LEs

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Visa cash

Cheers bud :-)

9. Re: Visa cash

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh