We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety

Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
Safety

It´s safe travel to sharmal El Sheikh due the political problems?

North Walsham...
Level Contributor
851 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safety

If you do a search for previous posts you will find this has been answered many times recently.

I've been twice this year with a third trip planned, so I guess that tells you what I think.

Nottingham, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,897 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safety

We agree....regular visitors to Sharm and so far not had any issues or any scary moments and we travel around, use local transport and just keep our wits about us in the same way we do when visiting London for example. The civil unrest which has been ongoing since Spring 2011 ( before this as well) has largely not affected the tourist area of Sharm. There are many forum threads on safety but if you are questioning this then maybe you should think again on Sharm as a destination for your holiday. Saying that we visit 2, 3 or even 4 times most years so highly recommend it.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,174 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safety

https:/…egypt

Assuming you're in the UK, please keep an eye on this site & sign up for email alerts.

SURREY
Level Contributor
2,497 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safety

been going to sharm for yrs been there when its all been kicking off in cairo and u dont even know whats going on when ur in sharm, you here about it more at home, if it was unsafe to travel there would be alerts going up dont think i have seen an alert about travel from uk even when other countries have pulled out

enjoy ur holiday if its your first time it wont be your last :) we try to get there at least twice a yr

xx

Wales
Level Contributor
125 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Safety

If you are in any doubt then don't go. Quite simple. Go somewhere you will be able to relax. Though I am off to Namma bay soon....

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
352 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Safety

Sharm El Sheikh is safe, I have been there this week and everything looks ok!

7. Re: Safety

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2015, 05:15