We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sharm El Sheikh just after Xmas

London, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sharm El Sheikh just after Xmas

Hi All,

Can anyone help or guide me on this please. I'm looking to booking 3-4 nights in Sharm El Sheikh from 26th Dec-29/30th Dec. Can anyone please suggest main or best areas to stay which are within decent reach of main town centres. It will be 2 adults and one 6 year old kid. Any recommended hotels?

Any suggestions for places to visit please and things to do?

Also what is the weather like during this time please?

I need to book something by end of July if possible.

All help will be appreciated!

Hartlepool
Level Contributor
678 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sharm El Sheikh just after Xmas

We are staying at Sierra Hotel which is part of Soho Square over Christmas and New Year. I love this time of the year as it is lovely during the day but you need a cardigan on a night time though.

I have contacted them to find out what is on in Soho Sqaure, see below.

Events at Soho Square

At xmas we have many events going on .Our biggest one will be the big switch on, on Dec 6th with concert from Kim Wilde and Tony Hadley. Moving closer to xmas we will have a full on cabaret dance show with 12 dancers from Russia, performing professional international shows, we also have Asander Azalea from Britain’s Got talent coming over to sing over Christmas.

Boney M will perform on October 28th and we have kiss FM Charlie Hedges dj performing for Halloween.

Throughout and over xmas we also have Covent garden street entertainment from London hosting a lot of street and stage entertainment from high impact stilt acrobatics , mime artists and fire shows.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,176 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sharm El Sheikh just after Xmas

Hi,

A lot of what you're asking will be answered in thre resources given below, including information about New Year's Eve Gala Dinners, weather, what the different areas are like, trips etc.

Link to the Tips & General Advice “Sticky” thread at the top of the forum (with a little orange pin icon at its side), above all other topics. The thread is now in alphabetical subject order for clarity.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297555-i9225-k3…

Please also see the Top Questions on Sharm El Sheikh, down the right side of the main forum page, written in blue.

Regards

London, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sharm El Sheikh just after Xmas

Thank you both for the tips :) I will have a good look into this.

SURREY
Level Contributor
2,497 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sharm El Sheikh just after Xmas

i would agree with chowy when we have been at christmas we stay at royal savoy but christmas is great in this area of soho sq / sharks bay

5. Re: Sharm El Sheikh just after Xmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2015, 05:16