We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Big mistake?

Spalding, United...
Level Contributor
1,205 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Big mistake?

think we have made a mistake booking the Amwaj,looking at the recent reviews.

best think again :(

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
661 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Big mistake?

It does look like the reviews are a bit dodgy. I have booked Sonesta Beach and it's latest reviews aren't very good either but as we go in three weeks there's not much I can do.

I need to stop reading reviews and just look forward to holiday.

Kent
Level Contributor
6,368 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Big mistake?

sonesta is in a great location, you always get people moan about something, not everyone gets wound up by the same stuff, don't worry and have a great time, it's big enough so if there are annoying people about you can avoid them, food is very much down to personal taste, i am sooooooooo fussy bit usually find something to eat

Chatham, United...
Level Contributor
138 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Big mistake?

Sg36 try not to worry. If people have a good holiday very few pay it on trip advisor but if you have a bad holiday then of course your going to want to warn others. What I'm trying to say is for every bad review there could be 10 people who have had an amazing experience but not wrote about it. So the bad reviews could be the minority.

Kent
Level Contributor
6,368 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Big mistake?

the above post has hit the nail on the head exactly, your have the sun, you won't starve, no cooking, cleaning working, it will be fine

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
661 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Big mistake?

Thanks lorrabell. I have pm'd a TA reviewer on here for our hotel and she was very nice and helpful and put my mind at ease but dodgy reviews do wear you down after a while.

Spalding, United...
Level Contributor
1,205 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Big mistake?

changed our accomodation today.....

now will be staying at the Sunrise Select Diamond Beach Resort.

best thing with booking with Travel Republic is that there are no ammendment fees to pay ;)

SURREY
Level Contributor
2,498 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Big mistake?

cant u google name of hotel and then scroll to tripadvisor that way u only get reviews about that hotel

good luck

8. Re: Big mistake?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh