We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Luxor in August

Suffolk, UK
Level Contributor
411 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to Luxor in August

Hi

My hubby and I will be going to Sharm in August and I wondered whether it would be too hot to do the trip to Luxor by air? We did the Cairo trip last year when we were there but that was in Feb. Thanks

Jemma

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,207 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Luxor in August

It's going to be hotter than Sharm. One of my very favourite places in the world is Karnak, which you also see in that day trip. Personally, I wouldn't be able to take the heat; early May, in Sharm, one year, pushed me to my limit.

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
9,987 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Luxor in August

Luxor at the end of March was extremely hot. I would only go back there during the core months, never August!

Regards

barbarah

Suffolk, UK
Level Contributor
411 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to Luxor in August

Thanks Nephtys and Barbarah. I did think this might be the case but thought I'd check. Gives an excuse to go back in February lol

Grantham, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip to Luxor in August

We did the Luxor Karnak trip a few years ago in August. Yes it was hot but very much worth it. Just make sure you carry water and suncream. We use Reimans P50 which you put on once and lasts for several hours

London, England...
Level Contributor
215 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trip to Luxor in August

The area of Luxor is very hot as been previously said. Take water with you and drink in small amounts as often as you can. A major problem with the tourist is that they do not dress appropriately, wear loose fitting cloths snug shorts and tee shirts trap in the hot air and greatly effect your body temperature. Loose clothes are best at that time of year and always wear good quality head wear, I use a shemagh (male Arabic scarf) on my head as it wicks away moisture and keeps me cool. Enjoy Luxor take it easy on the trip and do not let the tour guide rush you around the temples

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
9,987 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day trip to Luxor in August

February would be much better, you'd enjoy it more when it's cooler

7. Re: Day trip to Luxor in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2015, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh