We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Cathrine Monastery , Sinai

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Thessaloniki...
2 posts
Save Topic
St. Cathrine Monastery , Sinai

Hello my friends .

On 6th august I will be in sharm and would like to travel to st. cathrine monastery .

Is it safe ?

Which agent should I book from when I arrive ?

Which kind of transportation should I choose . ?

Thank you in advance

In Motion
Level Contributor
327 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: St. Cathrine Monastery , Sinai

Hello!

St Katherine is safe, and there are probably still some tours running there, as long as they can fill the microbuses. I don't know any Sharm operator, but I think the best is to find out about the tours once you're there. Otherwise you can take a taxi/microbus which is about 400 LE one way. The Monastery guest house is a nice place to stay, and there is also a range of accommodation in town.

St Katherine is a lovely place otherwise, worth more than a quick over-night visit.

Manchester
Level Contributor
110 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St. Cathrine Monastery , Sinai

Hi When we are in Sharm I always use Sinai Safari Adventures. They are British couple and will advise you on most things.. There is a website so just google. They will see you at your hotel to discuss details and of course money

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
4,248 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St. Cathrine Monastery , Sinai

Hi

I second Sinai Safari, brilliant company, excellent customer service

ssadventures@live.co.uk

www.sinaisafariadventures.com

Karen

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
352 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: St. Cathrine Monastery , Sinai

St. Katherine is pretty safe, but you should use your common sense and avoid dangerous situations.

Enjoy your time there!

Thessaloniki...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: St. Cathrine Monastery , Sinai

Thank you very much my friends ...

6. Re: St. Cathrine Monastery , Sinai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh