We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursions/day trips/ things to do with 5 month old baby?

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bexley, Kent
Level Contributor
770 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Excursions/day trips/ things to do with 5 month old baby?

Hi there will be returning in two months for my 6th time to sharm and will be travelling with my 5 month old son and partner. What sort of things would be suitable to do with a baby like days/nights out etc. I have done cairo and the Tiran island trip before and although I would love to do them both again - not with the baby.

Any help would be much appreciated :-) thanks

Kent
Destination Expert
for Egypt
Level Contributor
4,415 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excursions/day trips/ things to do with 5 month old baby?

Obviously you are visiting Egypt at about the hottest time of year. Most important is to keep yr tiny tot completely out of the sun. Personally, im not sure I would take one so young on such a journey, the sound of babies continualling crying for 5-6 hours on a flight is horrible lol.

I would suggest you restrict yrself to anything around Sharm. Howabout the ztar gazing? Or perhaps paddling in the sea with him?

Bexley, Kent
Level Contributor
770 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excursions/day trips/ things to do with 5 month old baby?

We have just come back from Greece and he slept the whole flight! We couldn't believe it as he's normally a bad sleeper during the day.

Ahh yes we was looking at the star gazing, so perhaps that is one to consider. He loves the water so the beach and pool will be everyday but fancied a change out of the hotel so may look into that excursion, thanks :)

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,110 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excursions/day trips/ things to do with 5 month old baby?

Maybe seascope? It's only half a day. Boat with the underwater deck & see-thru walls, so you can see marine life.

Bexley, Kent
Level Contributor
770 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excursions/day trips/ things to do with 5 month old baby?

Ahh yes good idea. Do you think you could take a pushchair on that ?

shrewsbury
Level Contributor
71 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excursions/day trips/ things to do with 5 month old baby?

not really the place for a little baby ??

Bexley, Kent
Level Contributor
770 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excursions/day trips/ things to do with 5 month old baby?

We have just come back from Greece and he loved the water and the heat didn't affect him whatsoever we made sure he was shaded all the time wearing factor 50. Think we will stick to the seascape that looks really good :-)

West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
194 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Excursions/day trips/ things to do with 5 month old baby?

I hate to sound blunt but Greece and Egypt are two opposites in many many ways. No doubt you will have thought of this and im sure you can have fun paddling , splashing about etc. But i think i'd give any trips a miss with such a youngster especially in Egypt. Not been to Sharm myself but i assume you can walk around at night with all the lights and sounds to amuse him and perhaps sit in a quiet bar etc

8. Re: Excursions/day trips/ things to do with 5 month old baby?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh