We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reef Oasis Blue Bay - restaurant question

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Welwyn Garden City...
Level Contributor
1,829 posts
187 reviews
Save Topic
Reef Oasis Blue Bay - restaurant question

I realise that it's long trousers in the restaurants for men in the evening, but does anyone know if smart cropped linen trousers for men would be acceptable please?

Thanks

Belfast
Level Contributor
292 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reef Oasis Blue Bay - restaurant question

Hi Gina, it has to be long trousers or he will be turned away. Restaurants have air con. He can always go and change after dinner.

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,468 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reef Oasis Blue Bay - restaurant question

There were tables outside at the Italian last year, they were allowing men in shorts/cropped trousers to sit there, just inside that they wouldn't.

3. Re: Reef Oasis Blue Bay - restaurant question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 August 2014, 20:40
Welwyn Garden City...
Level Contributor
1,829 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reef Oasis Blue Bay - restaurant question

Thanks for that, shame as my hubby has some very smart but slightly cropped dressy linen cream trousers. Still never mind, he has plenty of thin trousers he can bring. Really looking forward to it. I wonder why TA deleted the last post?

Ossett, United...
Level Contributor
259 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reef Oasis Blue Bay - restaurant question

Wearing trousers for dinner really isn't an issue in Sharm as there is next to no humidity therefore gents dont feel uncomfortable in trousers.

As sgreer said, changing into shorts/cropped after dinner is the easy option - I did just that when I was there 2 years ago.

In addition, he may prefer to wear long trousers in the sports bar as the aircon is sooooo cold in there!!

You'll have a great time...its a gorgeous hotel.

Welwyn Garden City...
Level Contributor
1,829 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reef Oasis Blue Bay - restaurant question

Thanks M16CKL - this will be our 6th or 7th time to Sharm and we love it. We've been wanting to try the ROBB for some time and are really looking forward to it.

Is there a more casual buffet restaurant at all?

Ossett, United...
Level Contributor
259 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reef Oasis Blue Bay - restaurant question

Unfortunately not, the only other buffet restaurant aoart from the main Bay View is the Sea Breeze...but that only opens during the daytime (although it was closed when we were there due to problems with seagulls!).

ROBB is like the majority of other top quality hotels in Sharm when it comes to wearing trousers...its just something you have to accept.

Welwyn Garden City...
Level Contributor
1,829 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Reef Oasis Blue Bay - restaurant question

No problem, but it does help when sorting out my packing list! I'm a sad person, I'm already doing my list and we're not leaving until October!! But if there are no very casual restaurants, it could be a wonderful excuse for me to have to go and treat myself to more formal attire! Love it!

Is the main Bay View casual buffet then?

Ossett, United...
Level Contributor
259 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Reef Oasis Blue Bay - restaurant question

It's a seld serve buffet with a number of 'cooking stations' around the servery.

The a la carte italian and middle eastern are really good (didn't eat in the fishermans as not a lover of fish).

lancs
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Reef Oasis Blue Bay - restaurant question

When we went last October my husband was allowed in the bay view and the Italian inside wearing smart 3 quarter length shorts. A man was turned away however wearing a vest top so the dress code was being followed.

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh