We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cairo By Air

Ascot, United...
Level Contributor
169 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Cairo By Air

Hi Guys

Wondering if you can help me. I have been looking into this trip and there are a lot of companies that do this.

I also see that some companies choose to do the pyramids first and some do the museum first.

There is also the price difference.

Nabq Tours - £115

Sharm Excursions - £135

Sinai Adventures - £145

Falcon Adventures - £140

Can anyone help with this please, as I am not sure which or who are the best.

London, England...
Level Contributor
215 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cairo By Air

Book your tour in the resort there are many companies in Sharm you will see them as you walk around. Do not pay over £100 person for the Cairo by air trip play the tour companies off each other. I would say do the pyramids first before the heat of the afternoon as it will be a bit cooler in the museum. The day before your trip order a breakfast box from your hotel, and take money for extras i,e Tips visits to shops that the guide will take you to. Also have a good pair of shoes plenty of sunscreen and a hat. Enjoy your trip

Ascot, United...
Level Contributor
169 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cairo By Air

Hi Tommy E

Thanks for your advice, do you recommend any particular company?

London, England...
Level Contributor
215 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cairo By Air

Hi Jim

No just go to the shopping/bar area where you are staying and talk to a few and the get the best price by playing them off against each other. They all are very similar to each other and you will get the trip for £100

P T
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
661 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cairo By Air

I would also ask what airline and plane they use because some tours use airlines with less than modern planes.

I looked at the reviews of a few airlines quoted to me and didn't fancy flying on a 30+ year old plane.

Ascot, United...
Level Contributor
169 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cairo By Air

Thanks guys for all your help

wales
Level Contributor
190 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cairo By Air

We flew to cairo from sharm a few years ago and I sorted the flights while still in the uk. I went on the Egypt air site and put my home country as Egypt it was a lot cheaper that way, I also organised a guide, who was really good. I cant think of who we used but I will look. As I said it was a few years ago so things may have changed. I think for 4 of us it worked out about £200 ish.

wales
Level Contributor
190 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cairo By Air

Also the guide asked us what we wanted to see and gave some suggestions but we done the pyramids first as it got so hot.

wales
Level Contributor
190 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cairo By Air

Me again, real life egypt was the private tour company we used.

Hope this helps.

London, United...
Level Contributor
209 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cairo By Air

I did this trip in May through Sharm Excursions. I cant remember how much it cost I'm afraid, but I can highly recommend them- Mo is a great guy, very honest, reliable and helpful. We did the museum first, then lunch on the Nile, then the pyramids. The guide we had in Cairo was fantastic & very knowledgeable, and it was a great return visit to Cairo for me after having spent a week there previously, and a great first experience for my son.

The only thing I will say, is that I didn't like the plane journey...the plane wasn't particularly old, but very small and I felt very anxious the whole journey & couldn't wait to get off BUT, I am a terrible flyer!

Ascot, United...
Level Contributor
169 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cairo By Air

Yeah I looked at flights through EgyptAir and they are coming up at £100 just for me. Think I will get a better deal doing an organised tour and like a lot of you are saying I will barter when out there.