We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cabin luggage

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kilnhurst...
4 posts
Save Topic
cabin luggage

Hi all. Flying to Sharm from Luton, with easyjet, on the 22nd of September. I have just purchased some travel sets for me and the other half, however, after further inspection I found the cabin cases have a dimension of 51cm x 31cm x 26cm. The maximum dimensions for easyjet flights are 56 x 45 x 25, meaning they are 1cm over in one dimension. Would these still fit in the hand luggage checkers if required to do so?

Redhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
4,016 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cabin luggage

I would say that your cases are made to be used as hand luggage and that you have maybe mis-measured?

Even if they are the right size they may still end up in the hold as only bags 50x40x20 are guaranteed to be allowed in the cabin with easyjet these days.

Kilnhurst...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: cabin luggage

its definitely them dimensions as they state that on the website where I purchased from. I know they may end up as hold bags which I don't mind, just don't want to get to the boarding gate and then they charge me £45 for each case lol.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
137 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cabin luggage

We flew from luton to sharm with easyjet this August, my case was the maximum size you could have and easily fitted in the rack size at Luton, (I tried as my case did look big) at the airport, and yours only being 1cm larger should fit! However I was only asked on the return at sharm airport to test my case in there size gauge.

Hope this helps.

Kilnhurst...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: cabin luggage

That's great. Thanks for that. So fingers crossed I should be fine.

Kilmarnock...
Level Contributor
119 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cabin luggage

my neice flew with easyjet with hand luggage cases that she uses for ryanair all the time but they were too big for easy jet she had to go buy another suitcase at airport that was cheaper than paying for hold luggage

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,185 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cabin luggage

As long as the measurements include wheels and handles you should be ok. Often website, and even manufacturers measurements aren't exactly accurate.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,185 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cabin luggage

<<my neice flew with easyjet with hand luggage cases that she uses for ryanair all the time but they were too big for easy jet >>

Wilma that's rather strange because Easyjet cabin baggage sizes are bigger than Ryanairs. Easyjet's max is 56 x 45 x 25cm whereas Ryanair is only 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.

warrington
Level Contributor
518 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cabin luggage

Easyjet have 2 sizes for hand luggage the smaller is guaranteed on board the slightly larger one is ok as long as not too many already on board. They then offer to put them in hold free of charge. Not sure of the sizes without checking their webpage. Our hand luggage was the maximum allowed but as we pay speedy boarding we've never been told to put it in hold. Not checked T&C's for a while though. Next flight on Saturday so hope they've not changed since June.

Redhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
4,016 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cabin luggage

As previously stated guaranteed size is 50x40x20.

10. Re: cabin luggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh
Recent Conversations