We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
CARDIFF
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
airport

hi i am flying out to egypt from Bristol airport tommorw i was wondering if anyone knew how strict they are on luggage as so far my case is 30kg an i have a few things left to go in but am really worried about what they will say at the airport can anyone help

thanks

xx

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
340 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airport

Your allowence will be on your tickets , they do check and also they checked our hand luggage last time too , not sure how much they will charge you if you do go over.

CARDIFF
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airport

thanks i think im gonna have to take my chance cause i took some stuff out but decided i cant go without it :)

if anyone else is reading this and flown from other airprorts recently please let me know what they were like with your luggage weight

thanks

xx

UK
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: airport

Where in Egypt are you going ??

They do check at Sharm

CARDIFF
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: airport

yea im going to sharm do u mean on the way home they check it... if so my case should be a lot lighter cause ill leave all my smellies etc for the maids

fareham,hants
Level Contributor
1,128 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: airport

my cases are always heavy but as there is 4 of us but only 2 cases we get away with it as we are allowed 4x the allowance in total. just be aware that for health and safety reasons there is a limit to the weight as they are not allowed to lift it over a certain amount. i think this used to be 32kg but was dropped to 30kg. if i'm wrong someone correct me please!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: airport

The Airport is not bad. It is just small for the current rising size of traffic as Sharm's popularity is growing quickly. So, when a few flights arrive or depart the same time, the facilities fall short of accommodating everybody efficiently. That is exactly why they are building the new terminal which would be one of the best in Egypt. All what you need is to be a little patient if you are caught up with many other flights. In a few weeks, all trouble will be solved for good.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: airport

sorry, I made this post on the wrong thread.

You may ignore it

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
589 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: airport

More weight on board means more fuel used. More fuel - more harm to the enviroment. Look at the websites about carbon offsetting. I think we should all be concerned and do our bit. We'll be killing the goose that laid the golden egg.There'll soon be no coral left if the seas keep warming and therefore no-one will even want to go to places like the Red Sea.

Sorry - rant over.

9. Re: airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 16:17
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh