We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A bit cheeky but...

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Larkfield, United...
Level Contributor
267 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
A bit cheeky but...

How much did you spend whilst in Egypt....

I don’t expect many to answer, personally I wouldn’t be offended but some may.

Were going in March for 7 nights.

Out hotel is on a B&B basis and so we have to pay for everything else.... how much do you think we should take or what would be reasonable for 7 nights?

We are taking around £400 – 500 for trips / excursions but I am trying to work out what to take for spending with regards to everything else. I do not drink, my husband likes a bear with dinner but we wont be getting drunk im sure.

Norwich, England
Level Contributor
169 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A bit cheeky but...

I went two years ago b and b and spent about 200 pounds on food and drink (coca cola and water cos we don't drink either)which was for two of us. It was about right as we ate out for every meal.

When are you going in march?

We are heading off agin on the 22nd I think.

T.M.C.

Larkfield, United...
Level Contributor
267 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A bit cheeky but...

Really were going on the 22nd March too! 22 - 29th staying at the Golf Movenpick. Its our first time there.

Norwich, England
Level Contributor
169 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A bit cheeky but...

That the plan we want to go for a week as well. But we are probably looking at booking last minute so I have no idea where we are staying or what type of board or anything. Still if the price is right it's worth a gamble.

The movenpick looks lovely, I've gone past it a couple of times and it has some pretty good reviews.

Have a great time, Any other questions give us a shout.

Hampshire U.K
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: A bit cheeky but...

Hi

We spent about £30 a day on food last april. We are going back at the end of April and going B&B to the Baron.

Dave

PS.

Quote - "my husband likes a bear with dinner"

I have to ask what does your husband do with the bear at dinner?

:>)

Larkfield, United...
Level Contributor
267 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A bit cheeky but...

What can I do but laugh - I must read what I write before I post it - oh and put the correct words down!

BEER!

But was what you spent including daytime drinks, lunch and dinner etc basically anything and everything? I cant get over how cheap it seems!

We got married in Mauritius in November and although I expected it to be expensive it was more so than imagined! A single Malibu and Pineapple was £10.50... I won't tell you what our check out bill was but it left me a bit annoyed and depressed!

Larkfield, United...
Level Contributor
267 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A bit cheeky but...

Oh yes couple more questions....

I have read they take cards in most places and have lots of ATM's do you know if the SOLO (MAESTRO) cards? It is the only bank card I have and I would rather use my debit account card than my Mastercard if accepted.

Also, in resturants, shops etc can you pay for things in £,$, Euros and EGP courency?

So far I understand you should take £ to Egypt to exchange for a better rate but should that be all the courency you need whilst there - EGP or is it better to pay for some things or give tips in other courencys.

Also is there anyone around who can tell me what the exchange rate is in Egypt today - say if I was there and wanted to change it today?

Last thing... Whats the time difference between Egypt and UK?

Sorry if this has been done to death. Im new. Be nice.

Norwich, England
Level Contributor
169 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A bit cheeky but...

If you order a bear that might be quite expensive (hehe)

But normally a starter is about 6 pounds and a main is about 9 pounds. This was on site if you are near (and at the movenpick you are) sharm you can get food even cheeper there. Drink prices are pub in the uk price £2.50 for beer (not that I bought any) the £200 I spent covered all food and drink. (they gave us 1 free drink each a day though)

Larkfield, United...
Level Contributor
267 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A bit cheeky but...

lol I mean currency? God Im Dyslexic my brain and keys just cant connect - esp when listening to my ipod at the same time!

And NO im not blonde :)

Norwich, England
Level Contributor
169 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A bit cheeky but...

Right, for money i would take 50% in egyptian pounds (as small as possible for tipping) (a tip of 50p to a pound was pretty average) 25% £sterling and I also took 25%$ us. (they like us dollars)

Cards are accepted in most big restaurants and machine (visa seems more poular than mastercard) but smaller places are less keen.

Larkfield, United...
Level Contributor
267 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A bit cheeky but...

Thats really good! :) Thanks

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh