We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a few house-keeping questions..!

Dorset
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Topic
a few house-keeping questions..!

Hi, I'm off to Sharm in 2 weeks, first trip to Egypt. Am staying B&B at Sonesta Beach. Wondering if should take travel kettle? Are we able to store milk, soft drinks, snacks in fridge that are bought from supermarket? Is it true your bags are searched (as want to take own Pimms!!!) What plug is needed? How much for taxi from airport to hotel?

Lots of questions, hope someone can help? Any other travel tips welcome.

allsaints

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: a few house-keeping questions..!

/http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297555-i9225-k633118-Sharm_el_Sheikh_South_Sinai_Red_Sea_and_Sinai.html

for_drinks_boughts-Sharm_el_Sheikh_South_Sinai_Red_Sea_and_Sinai

This is one link, put the two pieces together. I couldn't post them all together coz there is a limit on the maximum number of letters in a word.

sharm el sheikh
Level Contributor
603 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: a few house-keeping questions..!

hi most hotels when you arrive you are able to take in your own bottles of spirits, i always have and have never had it taken off me, the only thing some of the hotels are funny about is taking in bottled water they expect you to buy theres usually at rip off price, there is usually a mini bar in your room that you can keep your drinks in, and if you think you need a kettle in your room then take one as the hotels here dont provide them in rooms.

from airport to your hotel should be around 40le but you will not get airport taxi for under 100le no matter how much you argue.

Dorset
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: a few house-keeping questions..!

Thanks Ally19. Helpful. Any tips on day excursions? Like the water and a bit of culture. Have you climbed the mountain, how hard?

4. Re: a few house-keeping questions..!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 12:24