We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taba Heights in august

Cairo, Egypt
1 post
Save Topic
Taba Heights in august

Hello, I was thinking of taba heights for my honeymoon near the end of august this year, but i see the temperatures reaching 40 degree Celsius and I'm worried it won't be any fun with the heat up. is it bearable or should i go for a safer choice like hurghada? (will it differ much or also the same?)

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
13,114 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taba Heights in august

I should think Hurgada would be much the same and I personally would not go to Egypt in August. It could easily be hotter than 40 0C.

Is your location Cairo?

Mentioned in this post
Hurghada
Hurghada
Red Sea and Sinai, Egypt
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Port Ghalib, Egypt
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam, Port Ghalib, Safaga, Hurghada
Level Contributor
4,695 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taba Heights in august

Forget Marsa Alam also in August that can average between 45c and 50c daily.

Mentioned in this post
Marsa Alam
Marsa Alam
Red Sea and Sinai, Egypt
Cairo, Egypt
Destination Expert
for Cairo
Level Contributor
1,544 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taba Heights in august

Been to Sharm and Hurghada in June and July several times, very hot but not unbearable if u avoid heat peak at midday and spend early mornings/afternoons in the water. Night is fine. If u r still in doubt, assuming u r Egyptian, check the north coast resorts and hotels then.

Mentioned in this post
Hurghada
Hurghada
Red Sea and Sinai, Egypt
Nuweiba
Destination Expert
for Nuweiba, Dahab, South Sinai
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taba Heights in august

Taba Heights will be slightly cooler than Sharm which is probably the hottest destination in Egypt due to is south facing aspect. But everywhere will be hot. Just remember that Taba Heights will be very quiet and if that is what you want then that is fine, and also you will be driving there whereas with Sharm and Hurghada you have the choice of taking the plane and you have much better quality of bus services from Cairo.

Mentioned in this post
Taba
Taba
Red Sea and Sinai, Egypt
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Hurghada
Hurghada
Red Sea and Sinai, Egypt
Cairo
Cairo
Cairo Governorate, Egypt
5. Re: Taba Heights in august

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2018, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Taba
Recent Conversations