We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Movenpick in Taba

Which Taba hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
945 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Movenpick in Taba

Hiya

I've booked 2 weeks at the Movenpick in Taba for our family (6 of us including a pensioner and 3 kids between 8 and 4).

The reviews initially looked great when I first searched but recently i.e. the 2008 reviews all seem to be terrible with Taba Tummy seeming to spoil everyones time.

Is this resort going down hill rapidly? Do i need to speak to my Travel Agent and see if we can swap hotels?

We've travelled all over the world, including some real third world countries and have always been careful and taken simple precautions like not having ice in drinks and not eating salad, but that generally only applies outside of a 5 star resort - you shouldn't have to worry about the cleansliness in such a well known resort surely?

Has anyone been recently? Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Sharon

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
134 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Movenpick in Taba

Hi Ronan

Yes I quite agree with you and I also feel sorry for those who may well have been genuinely sick, but I also cannot help but feel that there are those who have jumped on the "bandwagon" to abuse the benefits offered to them, yes they are disgraceful and maybe therein lies the clue to some of the problem.

Mr Ian Mclachlan I found be be an honest down to earth kind of guy who would be doing his utmost to resolve the problem along with his staff and think is is unfair to give this lovely hotel such a bad name.

Eileen

Arsy, France
Level Contributor
3,292 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Movenpick in Taba

read the reviews of this hotel, go back to last summer and you will see that this is not the first time that there have been issues with this 'lovely hotel'

Manchester
4 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Movenpick in Taba

Ditto! Problems have been a "reoccurring theme" with this hotel. I am glad that others have had the opportunity to sit down and chat with IAN. When we were there, he was not as chatty with the guests because he was not there, and the "health reports" were definitely kept "confidential". Our Group had people that were in the loop but could not get any straight answers much less a peak! So very good PR move to listen to guests and be forthcoming with information. Someone must be doing something right! Good job! and hope that the Hotel can get organized and back on the right track.

beth in manchester

Arsy, France
Level Contributor
3,292 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Movenpick in Taba

ronandavis - how odd that the hotel management would show guests test results to you, someone who had no issues with the hotel yet they would not show the results to those who were complaining

seems to me that the management see that they are fighting a loosing battle with those who have issues so they ignore them and concentrait on keeping those who are happy, happy

15. Re: Movenpick in Taba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 16:20
Get answers to your questions about Taba
Recent Conversations