We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jerusalem Trip

Which Taba hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Clitheroe
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Jerusalem Trip

Hi, we are going to be staying ath the Movenpick Hotel in Taba at the start of October. We've been to Egypt before, but never Taba. Me and my Wife would like to visit Jerusalem on an organised tour, and was wondering if anybody could give us an idea on prices and recommended companies to go with? Any help would be really appreciated.

thanks

Leon

England
Level Contributor
946 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jerusalem Trip

Hi

We stayed at the Movenpick last May and went to Jerusalem with Longwoods. Sorry can't remember how much we paid.

My only gripe was that it was a huge tour - every seat on a large coach was full.

That in itself isn't such a bad thing but with one guide you often found yourself waiting for everyone else to catch up or if you were at the back end, missing half of the information.

Even when everyone was together, with such a large group it was difficult to hear what was going on and you just tended to follow on like a bit of a sheep.

Not being particularly well conversed with the bible other than the 'main' stories (a long time since Sunday School!), I'm sure we missed tons of interesting stuff. Embarassingly, our 8 year old, who goes to our local Church School ended up being the font of all knowledge and able to explain the relevance of each landmark and she found it really interesting, where my husband and I were starting to flag - as were many others.

We spoke to people on the tour who'd been before with Longwoods and said that this one wasn't indicative and it is usually better.

You may be much more fluent with the Bible stories than us, but in hindsight (which is a wonderful thing!) I would have done much more research and learned a few more stories before going as I think we'd have appreciated it more. It was only our own ignorance that let us down!

I think we walked for more than 8 hours, so we were all bushed and ready for home by the end of the trip.

When we did get back on the coach there was one final stop to see a government building (I think)- 90% of the Coach couldn't be bothered getting off, as everyone was flagging.

One tip, on the way back when we landed from Tel Aviv into Eilat we asked our guide to recommend a good restaurant. He dropped us off at a most fantastic Argentinian Steak House where we had a wonderful meal.

We then got a taxi back to the border (10 US dollars) and walked back to the Movenpick where we met everyone from the tour just getting off of the coach!

It was a day I'll always remember and I'm so glad we did it but if I was going to do it again, or wanted more of a personal experience, I'd pay the extra and go with a smaller group.

Enjoy, The Movenpick was brilliant - we've booked to go back again in May.

Also - last thing. You must go to Castle Zaman, this was the highlight of our holiday!

Hope this helps

Sharon

2. Re: Jerusalem Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 19:19
Get answers to your questions about Taba
Recent Conversations