We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Radisson SAS Taba......Any info please!

Devon UK
9 posts
Save Topic
Radisson SAS Taba......Any info please!

Hi there, i have just joined and was wondering if anyone can give me anymore info on the Radisson SAS in Taba. I am off there shorty ( in the next few days) but am desperate to know if they have any internet facility there, it doesn't really mention in anywhere. I think i once read that there are modems in the rooms, so does that mean i have to take my laptop?? It may seem a strange request but my partner is working away in Iraq and its the only contact we have......its my lifeline!!!

Also, the tipping......what is a decent tip to get looked after? And what currency do they prefer, i heard UK money is accepted, so do they accept coins or anything? This will be the first time i would of had to tip on an all inclusive holiday!!

And lastly, i am a young woman (blonde) travelling with my 5 year old daughter, i am now rather unsure for safety reasons about this trip!! A few people have said i am crazy to go on my own, but has anyone who has been there think there is any reason to worry??? Thanks!! sarahxjane2004@aol.com

oxford
Level Contributor
283 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Radisson SAS Taba......Any info please!

Hi

We are going to SAS Raddison on Saturday 27 August . I have emailed a few people who have been their in the last month. Some reveiws had been really awfuland i was getting a little worried but everybody has said what a wonderful time how helpful the staff are etc and i am now really looking forward to it.

Tipping i think about £20.00 Egyptian pounds ( About £ 2.00) is quiet an acceptable tip . We are taking a mixture of egyptian pounds and stirling. Idont think they like our pound coins but again i think if you tip them in coins they save them and try to exchange back with us for a £ 5.00 note.

I emailed the hotel directly and they replied to my questions within a couple of hours TABA.RES@RADISSONSAS.COM they are really helpful.

Safety wise my first time to Egypt but I think basically we are very much hotel based and security at Hotel is very tight . I think there are quiet a few checks before we even get into hotel.

i will look out for you and say hello.

where are you flying from

have a good holiday

Linda

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Radisson SAS Taba......Any info please!

It is a very safe place, a well controlled resort... so there should be no problems on that front.

With regards to tipping... 1 Sterling Pound is good, 2 is really generous... you can always exchange some money into Egyptian pounds and have them in 20, 10 and 5 Egyptian Pound (LE) bank notes handy. Tipping could be for someone carrying your luggage to your room, or went out of his/her way to serve you by the pool etc...

Eastwood, United...
Level Contributor
568 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Radisson SAS Taba......Any info please!

Hi,

Don't worry, the Egyptian people are the friendlest you can

meet and they adore kids.

Don't be put off if the staff take a shine to your daughter, that

is only their way, respect and enjoy.

As for security, these resorts are pretty tight and you will see

armed Tourist Police at the main entrance as well as hotel

security.

Take a good book, sit back and enjoy the sun and local

hospitality!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great holiday

Des