We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trips - taba

Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Trips - taba

Hi there

We have booked to go to the movenpick for a week in November, i know there isn't much around the hotel but is there anything that we could do without alot of travelling (apart from snorkelling) We don't mind short walk but don't want to travel to far as we will have 2 kiddies with us (9 & 6) who don't like walking much !!!

Also is it safe for the kids snorkelling ???

Any ideas would be greatly appriciated

Level Contributor
1,016 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trips - taba

We have twins at 5 and a daughter 9. We were there last June and all 3 loved it.

My eldest, who was 8 at the time has been snorkelling since she was 5, so she was well away.

We also made our own way to Dolphin Reef in Eilat where she did her first proper Scuba Dive with the dolphins, again it was a wonderful experience for her. Strange - you had to be 10 to swim with the dolphins but only 8 to dive with them. The twins were only 4 but they loved playing on the beach and just watching the dolphins.

We also went to the Oceanarium in Eilat - which all 3 enjoyed, it's really good for the kids with a play area and lots of interactive stuff. Mine are all nattering to go back.

We were lucky that we had Grandma with us for babysitting duties so we just took the eldest to Jerusalem, that was a real lot of walking but I think she got a lot out of it.

Her favourite day out was Castle Zaman - although she liked the snorkelling there, their pet dogs kept her entertained for hours playing with her in the pool. That's the first place we'll visit on our return.

They don't encourage kids under 6, as it's on a clifftop so you need to be able to trust them near the edge etc. But it was absolutely out of this world.

All 3 loved the kids club, it was great to give them a break out of the sun for a couple of hours a day - but beware, they always make something and mine expected me to cart home various clay scupltures and models that would have taken us over the luggage allowance on their own (I think I pretended that they broke in the case...). The mini disco every night was also just enough for them.

Sometimes in an evening we'd walk over to the market at the Hilton, just for something different as no matter how old girls are - they just love to shop!

They also had a couple of camel rides in the hotel and we did the glass bottom boat trip.

The twins learned how to swim on an earlier holiday this year and got used to the snorkels in the pool so this time I'm hoping that they'll come in the sea with us.

Only 4 sleeps to go so very excited now...

Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Trips - taba

Thanks for that Sharon,

it seems there are a few things to do - mine would love the dolphin thing. you are so lucky as nearly time to go we have 6 months to wait and am so excited.

Can you let us know if you are going back to the movenpick how it is

3. Re: Trips - taba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2009, 05:24
Get answers to your questions about Taba
Recent Conversations