We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Posting Reviews

England
Level Contributor
1,016 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Posting Reviews

I posted my review for the Movenpick well over a week ago and I just got an email to say it's live.

Thought I'd have a look but it wasn't there, on searching further- it's about the 8th review down.

Do they post in date order then?

I did wonder how people who got back the week after us had got their review on so quickly.

I'm not bothered, it's just that as I'm an avid Trip Advisor reader, I only usually read the couple at the top as if I've read the next one down I assume there are no new ones underneath - if that makes sense?

Is this usual or just a one off?

S

Eastwood, United...
Level Contributor
569 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Posting Reviews

Hi Spambo,

Just read your review on the Movenpick, very good and

informative.

One question - were you at the same hotel as the moaning minnies that seemed to be at death's door??

Just goes to show how reviews can be helpful or not

Des

England
Level Contributor
1,016 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Posting Reviews

Yes, sometimes you do wonder if you stayed at the same place, as some of the comments were completely opposite from our experience.

I also think my expectations were reasonable, I've stayed in 5 star hotels that blew my socks off but then again, I paid 5 star prices for them - if you base it on value for money, the Movenpick is hard to beat.

I'm always reluctant to boast about not having contracted dissentry, just in case I tempt fate but this was our second visit and not one of us got ill. Our age range spans from 5 to 75, and between 6 of us we ate/drank most of what was offered (with the exception of spirits and seafood cos none of us like them).

There are people, I'm sure that were genuinely ill and I don't want to offend them - but our experience was completely the opposite.

It did surprise me that when you talked to people who were suffering from 'severe' food poisoning/gastro bug/etc, they were still at the restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner - "just to try a bit of something", each sitting they'd explain how they just couldn't keep anything 'in'. If you're that poorly, give food a miss for a while and let your stomach recover! I've had food poisoning before and the last place on earth you want to visit (if you could drag yourself out of bed) is somewhere that serves food, as just the thought of it is enough to send you running for the bathroom.

There's a drastic change of diet on holiday, much more fruit, juice, rich foods, different spices - combine that with being in the blistering heat one minute, the pool the next,having air conditioning on at sub zero temperatures (which my husband drives me mad with!) - it's such a change for the body that I think it just gives you a bit of a kick in.

I must be from a family with guts made of steel...

3. Re: Posting Reviews

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2009, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Taba
Recent Conversations