We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

smoking at the hilton

midlands
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
smoking at the hilton

Hi can anyone tell me if smoking is aloud at the taba hilton hotel.....i know it's a bad habbit but someones gotta do it? cheers for any help. J.

England
Level Contributor
974 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: smoking at the hilton

We stayed at the Movenpick but walked through to the shops on an evening.

Not sure on the inside but there were plenty of ashtrays on the beach path - which is always a good sign (for us smokers at least!).

UK
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: smoking at the hilton

The only indoor place I saw smoking was a section of the Rainbow Bar, quite an odd sight to see ashtrays on tables!

The main restaurant was non smoking as far as I could see but you can always dine outside and smoke morning, lunch and dinner. Not sure about the other restaurants, probably non smoking.

If you want to buy cigs to take home, there is a tax free shop at the back of the shopping arcade or the same in the border crossing, the hotel was more expensive. Also at the airport where you could get 200 premium type for $18. If you smoke tobacco, it's very hard to find (about from some dodgy looking packs in the arcade). The border tax free shop occasionally have some but you may only be able to get it on the plane.

midlands
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: smoking at the hilton

Cheers for the reply it is much appreciated...i can't wait to get on that plane....yeh!!

Denarau Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
133 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: smoking at the hilton

Morning

this is my first time to actually use the Taba Forum.

Firstly I must declare that I am the General Manager at the Hilton Hotel (Since November 2008).

The Hotel operates a non-smoking policy in all restaurants. The Palm Restaurant, Nelson Restaurant and Casa Taba Restaurant have outside smoking areas. The Marahaba Restaurant is a smaller restaurant and only has a couple of tables outside to sit.

The main Rainbow bar operates smoking and non-smoking areas (hopefully making everyone happy with this).

A large amount of bedrooms are smoking bedrooms.

The reseception area on arrival is a non-smoking area.

It is very hard to please everyone on this subject - but we hope we have a reasonable balance for everyone

kind regards

Martin Rogers, General Manager

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: smoking at the hilton

Martin being a non smoker am a bit worried about "alot of bedrooms" being smoking can non smoking rooms be requested as i find smoking rooms have a lingering smell?

looking forward to seeing you and your staff next week

Jacqui

6. Re: smoking at the hilton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 14:09
midlands
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: smoking at the hilton

To Martin Rogers.

Well i can't believe it i've been reading all of the trip advisor reviews of your hotel and already feel like i know you and now your first reply is to my question...i feel honoured! So thanks for your reply it was very helpful, and me and my girlfriend are looking forward to meeting you and your staff so we shall see you all very soon.

Wales UK
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: smoking at the hilton

Hi, we arrive on Mon,(can't wait) and I requested a non-smoking room when making the reservation with Longwoods. Is this good enough to ensure we get one as my husband is asthmatic, or should I e-mail the hotel directly. {don't want to bombard Martin with requests now he's popped up on the forum!)

Wisbech, United...
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: smoking at the hilton

I am sure Martin will be more than happy to answer any of your queries.After all it is his job to make sure the Hilton is the best and get the best reviews possible.

Email: Martin.Rogers@Hilton.com

Dave

10. Re: smoking at the hilton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 December 2009, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Taba