We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taba to Petra

Eastleigh, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Taba to Petra

Can anyone let me know what the average price is going from Taba to Petra for a day trip and the time it takes is it cheaper to go by ferry etc

Eilat, Israel
Destination Expert
for Taba, Eilat
Level Contributor
1,339 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taba to Petra

longwoodholidays.co.uk/Egypt/…petra

Windsor, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taba to Petra

Speaking to people who went to Petra from Taba the cost was about £170 each .They were picked up at 0630 and returned to hotel at 2100.They only got 3 hours at Petra which is the rason i didn't go plus they had long waits at the Jordan border on the way back to the ferry

England
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taba to Petra

Hi

We made our own way to Petra last year. We just crossed over into Eilat, took a taxi to the Jordan border and another from there to Petra (the ferries were too complicated for us to work out!).

I think it cost us about 400 dollars for the full day, for 2 adults and a 10 year old. This included all our border fees, entrance fees and transport, plus a 2 hour jeep safari in the Wadi Rum. We found it so much better than following a coach load of tourists about and we enjoyed every minute - especially having some free time for the jeep safari.

We also stopped at El Groucho in Eilat on the way back which is a first rate Argentinian Steak House.

I would have gladly paid more for the whole experience.

Hope this helps

Sharon

Rickmansworth...
Level Contributor
762 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taba to Petra

Of all the organised excursions to do from Taba, Petra is without question the one to do. You will probably not get another chance to see this place, which quite literally takes your breath away. As an independent traveller, without the time restraints of having to get the coach back the same day, a whole week would not be enough to see it all. Last time I went as an organised tour, we had about 6 hours in Petra itself, which included lunch. About half of the time we were not expected to stay in the group and could wander off on our own. Bear in mind the site is vast, but you have plenty of time to see the most famous bits. You will see more impressive structures in the distance, but they are just too far away to get up close to in the time you have, but are close enough to capture on camera. I am back in Taba in September, so may try Spambo's way of organising it all myself, for the jeep safari at Wadi Rum.

west midlands
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Taba to Petra

Hi . I did not go myself ,too expensive. But this website has more info and a few video`s on Petra and Taba in general. http://tabasun.co.uk/petra.aspx (cut and paste if link does not work.)

Have a great time in Taba.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taba to Petra

First Choice & Thomsons are charging £155 per person. It doesn't include drinks & border charges.

A full day from 06.00 - 23.00

I know it's expensive, but you will only visit it the once and an experience not to be missed.

7. Re: Taba to Petra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2010, 06:32
Get answers to your questions about Taba
Recent Conversations