We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit to Petra

Which Taba hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle Under...
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Visit to Petra

We are going to Taba next week and hoping to go to Petra for the day.

I read that it can be cold there - can anyone confirm this so we can be prepared for the trip.

Understand you need to wear decent shoes too.

Thanks

Bev

Rickmansworth...
Level Contributor
549 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visit to Petra

Rest assured, at this time of year, unless you are intending to camp out at night, Petra will be very warm indeed, and you can just about expect brilliant sun. Good fitting trainiers will be fine, just don't go wearing sandals which some silly people do.

Having done this trip myself a few times, I would recommend you take your pillow. Yes, you have to carry it through customs and put it through the scanner, and some people will think youre a bit odd, but I guarantee they won't think you're odd when you are all (trying to) fall asleep on the coach and you are able to make yourself comfortable. You can leave it on the coach when you're at Petra itself.

Have a great time, the place is breath-taking.

Newcastle Under...
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visit to Petra

Thanks for that - no need to take my coat then!

England
Level Contributor
946 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visit to Petra

Bev

You'll love Petra, it's breathtaking. I was worried about shoes (typical woman!) as I didn't posess anything that resembled walking shoes!

I went in Birkenstocks and they were fine (I had my trainers in my bag just in case tho!)

Enjoy

S

4. Re: Visit to Petra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2010, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Taba