We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Movenpick, Taba - Debit Visa Card

Manchester
Level Contributor
75 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Movenpick, Taba - Debit Visa Card

Me and my family are going to the Movenpick on 27th July 2010.

Does anybody know if you can use a Debit Visa Card (this is not a credit card) to pay for trips at this hotel.

Kind regards

England
Level Contributor
1,016 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Movenpick, Taba - Debit Visa Card

We were there last year and they accepted a debit card.

Hope this helps

S

Rickmansworth...
Level Contributor
851 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Movenpick, Taba - Debit Visa Card

Debit cards are widely accepted to pay for things like the trips purchased from the tour operators, as they use UK banks. The only time I have ever had trouble with my Connect card (Barclays visa debit card) was when I attempted to get cash out of the Bank of Egypt over the counter at the Radisson hotel. Oddly, the card worked fine in their cashpoint machine. Remember to tell your bank you're going to Egypt, as much like the mobile phone companies, VISA can sometimes put a bar on your card when used abroad as they deem it as suspicious. Have a great holiday.

Mentioned in this post
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Manchester
Level Contributor
75 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Movenpick, Taba - Debit Visa Card

It does - thank you.

Manchester
Level Contributor
75 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Movenpick, Taba - Debit Visa Card

Thank you for this - it helps alot. Didn't think about informing the bank either - thats something which I will be doing now - thank you for the tip.

Kind regards

LEICS
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Movenpick, Taba - Debit Visa Card

The Movenpick also has an atm in the foyer.

Manchester
Level Contributor
75 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Movenpick, Taba - Debit Visa Card

Thank you for this info - it is really helpful.

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
280 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Movenpick, Taba - Debit Visa Card

Check out Martin Lewis - money man on GMTV - debit card charges whislt abroad. Can be expensive for smallish amounts

I take GB pounds (using the room safe )and change them up in the hotel bank (although you can oay for trips with any currency!!! and use a Santandar zero CC for extras

Take some small US notes for tips

8. Re: Hotel Movenpick, Taba - Debit Visa Card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2011, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Taba
Recent Conversations